Browser-Addons / Extension

Options
Zero2Cool
Zero2Cool
Community Member

Hi,
the new 1Password for Families is a web service and requires actually no separate programm.
Is there a plan for a single browser addon/extension, which works standalone? Such as Lastpass?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @Zero2Cool! We've had a few requests for this, and it's something we're looking into for the future. :) I don't have a timeline or anything else to share at the moment though.

• Zero2Cool
    Zero2Cool
    Community Member
    Options

No timeline for Windows7 and the single browser-extension...

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Zero2Cool,

We have a policy not to discuss timelines in public, simply because there are so many factors involved in software development and we’d really hate to give a timeline that later became impossible due to factors beyond our control.

I am more than happy to pass along your vote for the standalone browser extension to our team. And as for Windows? We know that a lot of users are really excited to use 1Password Families on their Windows computers, and our developers are working to build something awesome for you all. We’ll share just as soon as we possibly can.

• gveres
    gveres
    Community Member
    Options

I signed up for 1Password for families and just downloaded the windows 10 beta. I really expected it to work the way that 1password used to work with browser plugins etc. that workflow was ideal. I really hope that the workflow of using 1password as a quick way to bring up websites and autologin is something that you don't mess with. I am just in the process of switching over to 1password for families right now. If I can't be in a browser, hit the hot key to bring up 1password mini, type a few characters to pick a website, hit enter and go to that website, then this is a huge, huge step backwards in usability. The end result would be that I would stop using 1password for families.

Thanks for listening.

• Zero2Cool
    Zero2Cool
    Community Member
    Options

@Megan:
    I don't want to discuss your timelines, but it's a big difference if a new feature or product will release in 1-2 months or in 12 months.
    So i think you should give the users (which paid for 1password) a rough timeline. If you bought something you also want to know when you can use it.

• Jacob
    Options

@gveres Thanks for signing up! We're hoping to get the Windows 10 app on the same level as the older Windows app as well. It's taking a bit more time than we hoped, but it's at the top of our Windows list right now.

@Zero2Cool I've talked with a few people on the team about an update for Windows folks. It's really hard to say when there are, as Megan mentioned, so many variables. We'll try our best to communicate things better, though.

This discussion has been closed.