I need help getting my personal vault from Android to the family vault.

Kristin_P
Kristin_P
Community Member
edited April 2016 in Android

First off, I used to be a 1Password user on an iPhone. I have to say I was a huge fan of 1Password. Since moving to an Android phone, I have been actively seeking other password manager solutions. The app for Android is terrible. buggy and frustrating. That said, I don't have an alternative at this time, so I decided going even further down the rabbit hole was the only way to go. I got 1Password for Family. ... yay.

Now I finding not only can I not transfer my vault data without a Mac, I am stuck with Wifi Sync which hasn't worked since the first time I did it in a convoluted work around to get my opvault converted to a less secure agilekeychain that Android could use.

So how does one get the vault data off an Android phone and into a Family vault without being able to use any kind of sync (since wifi sync is broken)?

1Password Version: 6.2.1 from Google Play
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: SM_G935V running Android 6.0.1
Sync Type: Wifi Sync
Referrer: kb-search:syncing android

Comments

• Hi @Kristin_P. Thanks for getting in touch with us today. I'll be happy to help out here. :)

First off, I'm sorry to hear that you're having a hard time with 1Password on Android. We're proud of our Android app, and we try to make it as user friendly as possible. If you notice any specific bugs or problems with the UI, please let us know and we'll happily address them.

As to migrating your data, it's not possible at the moment to migrate data between the Primary local vault and Families vaults. However, our developers are working on this and we're hoping to get it into an upcoming update.

You mentioned that you're having trouble with Wi-Fi sync. What seems to be the problem? Are you seeing any error messages when trying to sync using Wi-Fi? Were you previously syncing with a Mac or PC?

This discussion has been closed.