I have iPhones, iPads, Macs, and one work computer running Windows 7. How do I use 1Password?

Options

I've been using the 1Password apps on my iPhones, iPads, Mac and Windows PC. However, I have been having trouble sharing vaults across these platforms, including with my wife. I was checking out 1Password for families but it seems like it requires Windows 10 (my work PC is Windows 7 and I have no control over updating that). Saving vaults in Dropbox causes problems with Office365 on my Windows laptop. Saving vaults on my iCloud account means my wife can't update the vault from her Mac or iPhone because her iCloud account is different. Please help me find the best way to keep using this app!

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: kb:teams-troubleshooting-signin, kb:teams-families-migrate

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Slevy,

1Password Families would be perfect but as you noticed, it is not fully ready to be used on Windows. We're working on a new version of 1Password that will run on Windows 7 and it will support Families but we don't have a timeframe on this, we're doing everything we can to finish this.

For now, your only option is to use Dropbox between all devices and computers. Your wife can add your shared vault via Dropbox as a secondary vault while maintaining the first one via iCloud. Do you guys want to use one vault together or use the shared vault as a secondary vault?

I'm not sure how Office365 is related with Dropbox, can you clarify what is happening here? We have a lot of users using Dropbox daily and no issues with sharing vaults between family members.

This discussion has been closed.