Greetings , I have version 3.8.22 using operating system 10.11.4 on a Mac. Password does not work.

Options
haroelant
haroelant
Community Member

Per the above, I downloaded the version of 1Password that is to work for Yosemite and above, but when trying to open using my Master Password, I was not able to open up. At this point, I am unable to get in.

Comments

• Hi haroelant,

1Password version 3 has numerous compatibility problems with Mac OS 10.11. So you should be running 1Password 6 for the best experience.

That said, you should still be able to unlock your vault with version 3.

How did you copy over your 1Password vault? Can you double-click the vault, or drag it on top of the 1Password 3 icon? That way we are sure you are unlocking the vault you expect and not some other vault on your Mac (from a previous install for example).

• haroelant
    haroelant
    Community Member
    Options

I downloaded the latest version and tried to open to no avail. I saw in a FAQ that one could open an older version to try. I did that and per your reply, it obviously won't work. How should I proceed?

Thanks,

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @haroelant,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with 1Password! Unfortunately, we’re going to need a bit more information in order to figure out where things are getting tangled up.

When you say that you are not able to open 1Password, what does that look like? For example:

• Are you opening the main app, or the extension in a browser?
    • Does the app fail to load properly?
    • Do you see an error message? If so, what does it say?
    • Is your Master Password not accepted?

(When you reply, please let us know if you are currently trying to open 1Password 3 or 1Password 6.)

The more detail you can provide, the more quickly we’ll be able to figure this out.

• haroelant
    haroelant
    Community Member
    Options

Greetings,

I am using Password 3.8.22 with OS 10.11.4. I am attempting to first open up Password with my Master password. This has worked in the past but no more. Hence, I cannot update my passwords in 1 Password.

Thanks for the help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@haroelant: (Un)fortunately AgileBits has neither your 1Password data nor the Master Password used to secure it, so this isn't something we can 'reset' for you to help directly. However, please try the tips in this guide as they may help you gain access again:

https://support.1password.com/master-password-not-accepted/

If that doesn't help though, you will need to either restore from a backup, sync from another device, or simply start over. One possibility is that you're opening a vault other than the one you expect, so restoring from a backup could help there. Please let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you!

This discussion has been closed.