watch tower alerts

Options
asukulu
asukulu
Community Member
edited April 2016 in Mac

Why do I get so many Watch Tower alerts? Currently I have 129! There is no way I can keep changing all my passwords.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Safari
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @asukulu,

That is very strange, I'm so sorry that you are experiencing this.

Can you tell me what websites those alerts are for? Are there many different sites? Do you change them and the alert comes back or never goes away?

If you have updated some logins, and the alert didn't go away, go to the status-bar menu, click the gear icon and select "Quit 1Password mini." Now relaunch 1Password and see if the alert is there now.

• asukulu
    asukulu
    Community Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Avid, Internode, Abebooks, eBay, etsy, ableton, expedia, vodafone and over 100 other sites. I updated Avid and the watch alert went away. But when I updated vodafone it didn't go away even after following your instructions about quit 1passmini.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@asukulu: Very strange. If you update or disable/enable Watchtower in Preferences, does that have any effect?

• asukulu
    asukulu
    Community Member
    Options

Its up to date. I disabled/enabled but makes no difference

• Hi @asukulu ,

Do you mind checking something please.

1. Select one of your items in Watchtower and click on the red bar (the Watchtower warning) at the top of the screen.
    2. Click the Learn more button in the popup window.
    3. It should give a short description showing why the item is in watchtower and the date for which it is relevant.

Can you confirm that your password was changed since that date?

If you have changed the password since that date, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better see what is going on. Thanks very much!

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.