1Password crashes when connecting to 1Password mini.

Options
brianbolton
brianbolton
Community Member

After 1Password crashes I can then open it back up and it works fine. This happens about once a day and since I run 1Password on multiple computers, I end up seeing this error multiple times a day. I really love 1Password and I've been using it since 2010. I've convinced many people to buy this product, but lately it's been behaving badly. Can you help me out? Thanks

I'm looking for a long term fix. I've tried a few things. Restart computer. Reinstall 1Password. I've made sure that 1Password.app is in Applications folder.

I also ran this terminal command.
xattr -d -r -s com.apple.quarantine /Applications/1Password 6.app

I had to modify the command somewhat since I have 1Password.app and not 1Password 6.app. I got many of these errors in terminal. Here's a sample:

xattr: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/Applications/1Password.app/Contents/Resources'
xattr: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/Applications/1Password.app/Contents'
xattr: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/Applications/1Password.app'

What should I do next? Run command as sudo?

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.5
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: kb:error-connect-to-mini

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @brianbolton,

The xattr command is only for a very specific issue where 1Password wouldn't open and to the best of my knowledge only affected the AgileBits Store version of 1Password. By the sounds of it you're saying that 1Password will open and you can use it, it's just that it's crashing on a regular basis.

What we need to do is establish why 1Password is crashing.

When 1Password crashes is it offering you the chance to send us the crash report? While it is possible to do this what I would like to do if we can is kill two birds with one stone and have you send us in a diagnostic report using the steps below and in the email that you attach the diagnostic report to copy and paste the contents of one of these crash reports or attach the file, whichever you prefer. In the crash report window you should be able to view the details and then select the text to copy and paste so that's probably a bit easier.

This guide will show you how to create the diagnostic report.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+forum@agilebits.com.

When sending the diagnostic report to the address above it would help immensely if you could include a link to this thread and your forum handle so we can connect the two.

Once you've sent the report a post here with the ticket ID will help us to keep an eye out for it. With access to the report we should be able to better assist you :smile:

This discussion has been closed.