"Fastly error: unknown domain :"

Options
10by2
10by2
Community Member

I had been using the open and fill option to load the login parameters to a website and I recently started getting a "Fastly" error. Is that something that 1password uses? If I enter the url into safari I don't get an error.

1Password Version: 6.2 (620011) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:fastly

Comments

• 10by2
    10by2
    Community Member
    Options

I had been using the open and fill option to load the login parameters to a website and I recently started getting a "Fastly" error. Is that something that 1password uses? If I enter the url into safari I don't get an error.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @10by2,

I haven't heard of Fastly before but a quick search suggests it might be a Content Delivery Network (CDN). Is the error only happening with this one website? If it is it would suggest that the website in question might be using Fastly for hosting. The way that open and fill works in 1Password is that when you click on the website field of an item in 1Password we pass the URL to OS X which passes the URL to your default browser. The URL has additional parameters added to it that we use to let the extension know that the URL is using open and fill and the extension should remove them before the URL is even loaded. It's hard to say what the issue might be here, how would you feel about sharing the URL here in our public forums? We'd be happy to go test and see if we can spot anything obvious but to answer your question, as far as I am aware we use nothing that goes by the name Fastly.

This discussion has been closed.