Extension shows items from all vaults

MDBrown
MDBrown
Community Member

I'm the primary owner of a 1Password for Families account. Whenever I use the iOS sharesheet extension to login to a website, I see every item for that particular website, from all the vaults I have access to.

For example, when I try to login to Google, I see my own 3 Google logins, plus each of my family members' multiple Google logins (so far, 15 items in all).

This is not a huge problem, but in some instances I have to be careful not to choose the wrong login. It shouldn't work this way.

I'd like to suggest a few solutions:

First, I don't think it would be practical to limit the extension to displaying only a particular vault, since most users probably store their items across several vaults.

OPTION 1: Cluster items by vault, when they display in the extension. You already cluster login using, fill credit card, and fill identity. Shouldn't be hard to cluster by vault as well.

OPTION 2: Color code, or otherwise distinguish, items from different vaults.

OPTION 3: (My preference) Allow users to flag which items will (or will not) appear in their own extension display.

Please look at this and add it to your list of things that might be improved. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@MDBrown: You can actually exclude "shared" vaults you don't want to show up by default in 1Password Preferences > All Vaults. And you can always access that data by switching directly to that vault as needed. Does that help?

• MDBrown
    MDBrown
    Community Member

That helps. I'll watch this for a few days and see if it's a full-on fix. Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Any time! Let us know if you have any feedback on it as well. :)

This discussion has been closed.