android sync instructions are wrong - they point to ios instructions - need sync mac to android

sbagile
sbagile
Community Member

I don't want to use dropbox so have setup folder on mac to sync - then unable to get android configured to wireless sync as it only offers dropbox sync. I am on v.6.2 I believe on both mac and android. The directions I find in user guide say android but when you click on them they show IOS instructions and can't find android info anywhere.

I have Samsung Tablet and want to keep my passwords in sync with my mac and wireless is best option for me. I have an existing password database.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Android wireless sync instructions are wrong

Comments

• Hi @sbagile! It sounds like you might have configured Dropbox sync previously on 1Password for your Android device. At the moment, it’s not possible to change sync methods after sync has been configured without reinstalling 1Password. If you like to switch to Wi-Fi sync, please reinstall 1Password for Android, and then follow this guide to configure Wi-Fi sync.

• dont
    dont
    Community Member

Thanks for the info Saad. Do you understand how awful it is that you have to uninstall the whole application just to change sync settings? I don't recall of any applications that require you to do this. Is this a high severity level bug you all are working to fix?

• @dont Yes, this is not an ideal solution for reconfiguring sync, and we have an internal issue open for our developers to review. Hope to have this fixed soon.

This discussion has been closed.