Possible to compare contents of two vaults?

Options

I’ve been having real problem with 1Password\Dropbox at the moment.

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/62378/1password-suddenly-switched-to-a-different-vault-that-i-didnt-expect

Today I’ve noticed one of my logins has gone missing which I’m sure is a dropbox issue rather than 1Password one but very worrying. I went to login to a site today that I use all the time and the login wasn’t there in 1P. I restored a backup (didn’t overwrite current vault) from a few weeks ago and fortunately it’s there.

I’m concerned that other logins may also have “gone” from my current vault. I can’t simply restore my backup vault as I’ve been adding new stuff to the current one since the backup was made. Is there any way to compare two vaults so I can copy any missing items from my old vault to my new one?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@reck: There isn't any way to directly make a side by side comparison. 1Password isn't setup to view multiple vaults simultaneously. However, if you're using Windows 10, you could install the 1Password beta app from the Windows Store and then use both apps side by side to compare different vaults. But ultimately it's more important that you get a handle on which vault you intend to use. If you have more than one, naming them something distinguishable can help. If you have multiple vaults in Dropbox called 1Password.agilekeychain, that's a recipe for confusion. Please let me know what you find!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@reck,

Comparing sets of items from two vaults is easier on the Mac version of 1Password, than it is on Windows, and this is because the Windows version hides too much of the data. But you can get some ideas even in the Windows version.

I routinely have to quickly compare large sets of items (so if you have access to a Mac, this will be even easier, if you have Windows only, this is a much more painful process).

The basic idea is to get both sets of items into the same vault at one time, and tag the two sets differently so that you can mass delete items with one tag set. With both sets of data in the same vault, you can quickly cycle through the adjacent items (sorted by Title) with the arrow keys, and visually see the outliers. You'll want to have Conceal Passwords disabled. What you won't see on the Windows app are the Tag values (you must be in Edit mode to see these for some strange reason), or other hidden data.

I was going to write a comparison tool as part of the converter suite, but haven't found the time yet to do so.

I hope this helps a little.

• reck
    reck
    Community Member
    Options

MrC thanks very much for that write up. Sounds like it could be useful in tracking which logins i've lost.

• MikeT
    edited April 2016
    Options

Hi @reck,

We'd like to see your 1Password diagnostics report in case if there's anything in your configuration that could explain what happened here. It is possible this is a sync conflict issue and there might be a way to restore it manually.

Please use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• reck
    reck
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike,

Diag report sent.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @reck,

I do not see it yet but if you got an auto-reply from BitBot, please tell me the ID # it gave you, so I can find it.

• reck
    reck
    Community Member
    Options

Here it is Mike -

For your reference, your support ID is [#VLT-48288-116].

• MikeT
    edited April 2016
    Options

Hi @reck,

Got it, it was sent from a different email address than the one in your forum profile, thus why I can't find it right away.

My initial thought about sync conflict isn't valid here, no sync conflicts in your folder. I'll reply to your email as soon as I finish the entire report.

ref: VLT-48288-116

This discussion has been closed.