Sync between MAC & Windows - Attachments fail?

Hello,

I am synching using dropbox between MAC & Windows. The data is correct on both systems, the MAC has some attachments that I added to some entries before I started synching. On the Windows system, I got to the entry with an attachment and I can see an icon, but if I click on the windows type icon - it's not a pdf icon, word doc, etc, it looks like a windows default icon, I am then directed to the 1password directory to browse for a file to open.

Is this a known bug or is there something I can do to fix it?

Comments

• Sorry, Ignore this question, I should have slept more last night before posting, the app prompts you to save the attachment, although it would be great if it recognized the file extension and launched the file, I thought it wasn't even finding the file.
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    This is the designed behavior. When you double-click on an attachment, it allows you to save an unencrypted version of that attachment. I believe this behavior is identical to our Mac version.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forum, vw! :)

To show you the attachment in the appropriate software, we have to create an unencrypted copy of it, outside of 1Password. That's why we feel it's better to have you save a copy of the attachment and open it normally (so you'll know where it is and remember to delete it, when you're finished) than to quietly create a copy in some temporary folder where someone else could come along and find it.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    vw, it looks like we missed one aspect of your report, the fact that the attachments have no filename. <:/

That's pointed out in a thread started by c59fdub, who managed to read your thread more carefully (possibly because we had never seen this "missing name" problem before).

We'll look into it right away.
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

I am synching using dropbox between MAC & Windows. The data is correct on both systems, the MAC has some attachments that I added to some entries before I started synching. On the Windows system, I got to the entry with an attachment and I can see an icon, but if I click on the windows type icon - it's not a pdf icon, word doc, etc, it looks like a windows default icon

Fixed in build #215
This discussion has been closed.