Option to "Always ignore this website" ?

I'm aware that 1Password has various features to improve compatibility with two-factor authentication and the like, but I have a couple of bank logins that use hardware generated one-time keys and "enter the 3rd, 9th and 12th characters from your password" mechanisms which 1Password can't possibly know the answers to. That's fine though, it's only a couple of logins so no great hardship. But every time I visit those sites, 1Password thinks it knows enough and wants to save the login details. Is there a way to tell it to just ignore a website completely?

1Password Version: 4.4.2
Extension Version: 4.5.5
OS Version: 10.9.5
Sync Type: n/a
Referrer: forum-search:ignore

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @Chris_JL,

When 1Password offers to save a new Login item there should be a small cog icon in the bottom left hand corner and when you click on it you should have an option titled Never Autosave for this Site. If you select this 1Password should not ask you if you want to save a Login item in the future. If you do this does it help?

• Chris_JL
    Chris_JL
    Community Member

Ah, that does it, thanks. I wasn't observant enough to notice the subtle gear symbol. I'm on an older version of OS X (still on Mavericks for driver-related reasons) and therefore the previous 1Password too, so that dialog's a bit different but the gear symbol is there.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Chris_JL,

That was silly of me to miss that you're running an older version. Thankfully, and as you've highlighted already, the gear is present in the older version and the menu option is present there too.

If we can help with any other issues or queries please do let us know :smile:

This discussion has been closed.