Moving items between vaults through the web UI

Options
brettcannon
brettcannon
Community Member

My wife primarily uses a Chromebook which means she doesn't have access to e.g. the Mac client that provides right-click access to move items to another vault. It would be great if this ability to move items to other vaults worked through the web UI.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• guillaumeserton
    guillaumeserton
    Community Member
    Options

+1

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@brettcannon: I agree! I can't say for certain when we'll be able to implement more vault/item management options in the web interface, but we ultimately want it to be as robust as possible, since it isn't always possible to use the apps. Thanks for bringing this up! :)

• mdmangus
    mdmangus
    Community Member
    Options

+1

• Jacob
    Options

Thanks for the vote. Added! :+1:

ref: B5-830

• Jacob
    Options

@brettcannon @guillaumeserton @mdmangus Just wanted to let you guys know we added this capability yesterday. Try moving/copying some stuff! :)

• guillaumeserton
    guillaumeserton
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @penderworth

Where we can find the release note?

• Jacob
    Options

@guillaumeserton They're always posted in the Teams Beta category (since 1Password Families and 1Password Teams run on the same technology) as announcements at the top. Here's the most recent release: https://discussions.agilebits.com/categories/teams-beta

• guillaumeserton
    guillaumeserton
    Community Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

It will be good to have a specific page for that like the one for the Mac version : https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPM4 so we can get the history and it's a lot easier.

• Jacob
    Options

@guillaumeserton Yep, that's on our list of things to do. There are some more important things at the moment, though. ;) Thanks for the feedback.

• alvaro87
    alvaro87
    Community Member
    Options

Just wanted to let you guys know we added this capability yesterday. Try moving/copying some stuff! :)

That's great!! Your Windows 10 app is the worst I've ever tried. It's ugly as no other and crashes almost every second. Now I can use the web interface to copy, move and duplicate my items.

Thanks.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback, @alvaro87. I'm sure our Windows team would be interested in hearing about your experience with the app, especially any crashes.

Windows 10 Beta - AgileBits Support Forum

Ben

• alvaro87
    alvaro87
    Community Member
    Options

@bwoodruff

I only have Windows 10 on the PCs I use at work and stopped using it. I don't even use it as "read-only" app. It's an app that drives me mad. I won't use it anymore until you release a final version.

And as I've been a 1P for Mac user for some time, being this Windows 10 beta app my first approach to 1P for Windows, the frustration is even bigger.

I know it's being hard for your team to get an stable and complete app for Windows and I'm very patient so keep the good work and get it released as soon as you can :chuffed:

But, for me, the experience with the app for Windows 10 is so bad since the moment I start the app that I close it and open 1PF website.

I hope the Windows version you are developing for Windows 7 (the one compatible with 1PF) is also compatible with Windows 10 because I definitely think the universal app is not for me (and not because of the bugs and crashes but because of the user interface).

Regards.

• Ben
    Options

The Windows 7+ application will also run on Windows 10, but it will have the modern UI.

Thanks!

Ben

• MDBrown
    MDBrown
    Community Member
    Options

Is it also now possible to move secure documents between vaults? This is something I've been waiting for.

• Jacob
    Options

@MDBrown I'm not sure what you mean. It is possible to copy/move Documents to another vault. If it's linked to an item, that reference will be lost, as the prompt shows:

Is that what you're referring to?

• RonHeiby
    RonHeiby
    Community Member
    Options

This was really timely! I had heard Leo Laporte recently mention that he recommended LastPass for Chromebook users, because it was usable via a Web interface. So this morning, I fired up my old Chromebook, updated its software, and signed into my 1Password for Families web site. Worked fine, so I sent the TWiT folks an Email.

I figured that while I was poking around, I'd update a few more of my "To Triage" passwords. After doing the first one, I was ready to move it to the "Shared" vault, but couldn't figure out how. Came here to suggest the enhancement and found this thread!

I still haven't figured out how to move an entry between vaults using my Android app.

• Jacob
    Options

Glad you're enjoying it! I've been waiting a bit for this as well. It's very nice to have around.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016
    Options

This was really timely! I had heard Leo Laporte recently mention that he recommended LastPass for Chromebook users, because it was usable via a Web interface. So this morning, I fired up my old Chromebook, updated its software, and signed into my 1Password for Families web site. Worked fine, so I sent the TWiT folks an Email.

@RonHeiby: Me too! I cringed a little when I heard that, but of course it's our fault for not getting the word out. 1Password Families is still fairly new after all. We're working on that! ;)

I still haven't figured out how to move an entry between vaults using my Android app.

This isn't currently possible in 1Password for Android, but it's something we're keen to add in the future. :)

• RonHeiby
    RonHeiby
    Community Member
    Options

As of this week's iPad Today, specific location in the video podcast, he still doesn't know about Families. Clear that he also needs to understand the 1Password view of vault in the cloud.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016
    Options

Thank you for that link, @RonHeiby! And thanks for emailing Leo about us. :+1:

As brenty said, we're still in the relatively early stages of our hosted offerings, 1Password Families and 1Password Teams, and we have a lot of marketing still to do to get the word out. We've been focusing mostly on building these services and making them functional and awesome so that we have something to actually get the word out about. :lol: Hopefully more awareness will come with time, and with the help of users like you graciously spreading the news—thanks again for that!

• Tom Pyzdek
    Tom Pyzdek
    Community Member
    Options

But a $5/month subscription fee? That's ridiculous! How about a 1 and done price, like it is for 1password?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Tom Pyzdek,

I'm sorry that you don't like the idea of the subscription fee. Keep in mind that 1Password Families is a hosted service. Your data is being served by AgileBits, and it takes ongoing resources to do so. The standalone version of the app is a product: you buy it once and you can use it forever.

1Password Families is a service: someone is doing something for you (saving your data an making sure it's securely available to you anytime you want it). The app, on the other hand, takes no resources from AgileBits to keep running, which is why it can be offered for a single fee.

I hope this clears up the difference between the ways there are to use 1Password and why the pricing system for them is different :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.