Unable to create/fill on Champion Energy site

I created a login for Champion Energy that used to work but now no longer works. I tried deleting the login and having 1Password create a new one but it is unable to do so.

The login URL is https://mma.championenergyservices.com/sigma/?connectName=SigmaCPN

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11.4
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb-search:unable to create fill login

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @takeshi74,

Do you happen to primarily use open and fill? open and fill is when you click on the URL stored in the Login item and we pass the URL to your default browser via OS X. Once the browser reports that the page is loaded the extension then attempts to fill the loaded page.

In the case of Champion Energy though there is a significant delay between Safari suggesting it has finished loading the page and the page being rendered. Literally I see a grey screen for a few seconds before it finally pops up. The long delay is likely messing with 1Password and I do find that once the page has loaded that the keyboard shortcut ⌘\ (my preferred method) works. Does this match with your own experiences at all?

Now it may be I've misunderstood and you're saying 1Password is refusing to create a new Login item at all which is odd. My method when testing sites is always to use the steps described in the link Save the Login manually and I do this because I almost never have an account with the sites that people contact us about. Those steps allowed me to create a Login item and as I say, using the keyboard shortcut would have it successfully fill too.

We'll wait to hear back from you as to if anything here helped or at least matches with your own observations.

• takeshi74
    takeshi74
    Community Member

I do tend to use open & fill and I do experience what you're describing with Mint. The difference is that with Mint I can use the 1Password browser extension once the page for Mint has fully loaded and it will fill in the user ID, password and then submit. However, the extension will not do that for the Champion Energy login page.

It also refuses to create a login whether I enter the ID & password and submit (1Password usually asks about creating a login if one does not exist) or whether I attempt to manually create a login item (Save New Login). I submitted my post on my Mac but I see the same behavior in Windows as well with 1Password 4.6.0.604, Chrome extension 4.5.5.90 & Win 7 SP1. On my Mac I'm also using Chrome.

Now that I type that it didn't occur to me to try another browser. With IE 11.0.9600.18282 & extension 4.6.0.604 it behaves for me like Mint does. Open & fill doesn't work but once the Champion Energy login page has loaded the extension will fill & submit. I'll have to try Safari when I get home.

• takeshi74
    takeshi74
    Community Member

Extension is able to fill and submit using Safari.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @takeshi74,

I suspect you'll find it also fills in Firefox too - it's looking like a Chrome specific issue. The issue is what looks like a reasonably simple page isn't and there is a lot of hidden stuff. The clue I didn't pick up on was the massive delay between the page been loaded and it actually rendering. Anyway, one of the things the extension has to do is scan the page and send back details on all the bits of the page we're interested in so that 1Password can decide what to fill and where. The size of the description is large enough that Chrome spits the dummy and refuses to send the information. As a result 1Password never gets what it needs and so it won't offer to save a Login item or fill using an existing one. Both Firefox and Safari don't share this behaviour with larger descriptions and so they work.

The bad news is there isn't an easy fix or workaround that will help here. We are aware some sites due to their size cause problems in Chrome but we haven't figured out the best way around this. It is something being worked on though. Sadly it does limit you to either Firefox or Safari (which of course is Mac only). Sorry about that.

This discussion has been closed.