Windows Chrome extension in latest Chrome does not work

Options

In latest Chrome - 50.0.2661.87 m (64-bit) extension does not work. Chrome reboots or extension reinstallation does not help - still showing the Try again button.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.5.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @semerak_michal,

This most likely is an interference from the anti-malware solution or security program installed on your PC. Can you tell me what anti-malware solution you have installed on your PC?

• semerak_michal
    semerak_michal
    Community Member
    Options

I have ESET NOD 32.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @semerak_michal,

Can you follow the instructions here and see if it helps: https://support.1password.com/configure-eset-nod32-antivirus/

• semerak_michal
    semerak_michal
    Community Member
    Options

Still not working :-(

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @semerak_michal,

Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• semerak_michal
    semerak_michal
    Community Member
    Options

Now, after reboot it seems okay.

• john_swaney
    john_swaney
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    I'm receiving the same issue. I'm running Chrome Version 50.0.2661.87 m on Win 7 Pro. When I click on the extension, a new tab opens trying to load the helper then fails. I have tried restarting my computer, the browser, and the helper (help > restart 1Password Helper). I'm not using any anti-malware or security programs.

• @john_swaney Are you using ESET anti-malware software as well?

• john_swaney
    john_swaney
    Community Member
    Options

Quote:
    "I'm **not ** using any anti-malware or security programs."

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@john_swaney: If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your device, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report and send it to support+forums@agilebits.com so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. Also, knowing your timezone and the date/time of the incident will help us find it in the logs. We will get to the bottom of this! :)

• Hi @john_swaney,

Thanks for sending in the diagnostics report. We'll have a look at it and be in touch via email.

Cheers!

ref: PAU-22667-164

This discussion has been closed.