I originally purchased 1Password as an iPhone app and stored my information in the primary account.

Options

I discovered the family option, signed up for that and now I'm trying to figure out how to get the information from my primary account copied to my shared account. Currently, I can see the info in my primary vault from my iphone app but when I log in to my laptop (Windows) I only see the family vaults (personal and shared) which include none of my data. I installed the Windows 10 app but that doesn't give me options to export from the primary. Please tell me I don't need to re-enter all of my information just to be able to share it?!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:teams-families-migrate, kb:starting-over, kb:teams-families-migrate, kb:export

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @jennbernzott,

No, you don't have to re-enter everything but you do have to do a manual migration first to move the data from the local vault on the iPhone to your PC and then from there, move it to your 1Password Families account.

On your iPhone, the Primary vault, is it currently set to sync via Dropbox or Wi-Fi? If you're not sure, open 1Password on the iPhone, go to Settings > Sync, and tap on the Primary vault. What is it set to sync with or is it not syncing?

• jennbernzott
    jennbernzott
    Community Member
    Options

It is syncing with Dropbox.

• Hi @jennbernzott,

Thanks for the info! That will make the process a lot easier.

Since the data is already in your Dropbox, you can add the vault to 1Password for Windows 10 (click the handy '+' button) and then migrate the data to your 1Password for Families account from inside the app, following the instructions in the guide 'Migrate to a Family or Team account'

I hope this helps, please let us know if we can do anything else for you.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.