Dropbox/Sync Option for Families

nikhill
nikhill
Community Member

The "1Password for Families" vs "1Password Standalone" lists the following as a feature only available in the standalone version and not in Families.
"Dropbox, iCloud (Apple devices), local network, and folder sync"

I am curious if I enable Personal Vaults from 1Password Preferences -> Advanced, wouldn't I be able to then sync that personal vault across machines using Dropbox or iCloud?

I haven't tried it since 1Password says it cannot be undone if I enable Personal Vault, so asking the question here.

-
N

1Password Version: 6.3.BETA-10
Extension Version: 4.5.5
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2016

Hi @nikhill,

1Password for Families stores your encrypted 1Password data on the 1Password for Families service. There is no need (or possibility) to use Dropbox or other 3rd party sync option with Families vaults.

If you enable Personal Vaults then those vaults can be synced via Dropbox, iCloud, etc. But that does not affect the syncing of Families vaults.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Thanks.

Ben

P.S. Your vault named "Personal" is a Families vault.

• nikhill
    nikhill
    Community Member

Right, I understand I would never need to do that since I am using Families account.
    I was just curious if this is really a feature that is missing from Families subscription. Not really :)

Syncing of Family vaults is automatic, syncing of personal vaults can still be done using Dropbox/iCloud

Thanks for the clarification @bwoodruff !

-
    N

• nikhill
    nikhill
    Community Member

Yes, just noticed that. If I Enable Personal Vaults, the local vault might be named "Primary"

• Exactly, yes. :) And yes, your first "Personal Vault" is always named "Primary."

Ben

This discussion has been closed.