1Password icon gone from IE11

I had the latest version of 1PW for Windows installed and working with IE 11. I was working with someone on some troubleshooting for a web-based application and in the process of doing this they reset all my IE settings. While I have them all back to where they are supposed to be, the 1PW icon isn't visible in IE toolbar or in the tools menu. I have checked all of the articles here and confirmed that the add-on is present and enabled. IE is set to accept third-party add ons and that both settings for 64-bit protected mode are unchecked. I have gone as far as uninstalling 1PW and reinstalling and checking everything out again and everything in IE looks fine. When I go to add it to the tool bar, it is NOT listed as an available item to add.
Any additional thoughts?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7 64-bit SP1
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• Hey @atari_lord,

Sorry for the troubles with the Internet Explorer add-on.
    What you're describing is highly peculiar.

The only thing missing from that list of troubleshooting steps of yours, is removing and re-adding the Internet Explorer add-on in the 1Password preferences.

1. To do that, open the 1Password preferences,
    2. switch to the 'Browsers' tab,
    3. uncheck the box next to Internet Explorer,
    4. confirm the change by clicking 'Ok'.
    5. close Internet Explorer,
    6. open the preferences again,
    7. check the box next to Internet Explorer,
    8. confirm again by clicking 'Ok',
    9. open Internet Explorer again.

Does the Internet Explorer add-on show up in the command bar, now?

Cheers!

• atari_lord
    atari_lord
    Community Member

Yes, although I had to modify your steps a little. When I first tried it, I still didn't have 1PW. But I went back and with IE closed, I unchecked the IE box in the 1PW browser preferences. Then I opened IE and confirmed that the add-on was no longer listed. Then I closed IE again and went back to the preferences and checked the box and now when I open IE, it asks if I want to enable the add-on and when I do, it once again shows in the tools dropdown.

Thanx...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Alex, you are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.