Suggestion: make it easier to require a password instead of touch ID after a restart

Options
rowen
rowen
Community Member

The new feature of permitting touch ID after a restart is nifty for those who trust it. I don't and was dismayed at how hard it was to find the preference to disable it. Please put the preference under Security, where folks would thing to look for it. Even if you want advanced security settings they would be easier to find under Security>Advanced then where they are now.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:touch ID

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback, @rowen! We did put the location of the preference in the release notes. But we'll certainly take that into consideration if enough folks want to change it and have difficulty finding it.

Ben

• rowen
    rowen
    Community Member
    Options

Note that few users will see the release notes (only those upgrading, not new users, and upgraders may miss them). If I had not seen the note I might not ever have found the setting! It's seriously buried.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks, @rowen. :) The release notes are actually shown to new users as well, but your point is well taken.

Ben

• twilsonco
    twilsonco
    Community Member
    Options

Where is the setting to disable Touch ID authentication only after a restart?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @twilsonco,

It can be found under 1Password > Settings > Advanced > Security.

Thanks!

Ben

• twilsonco
    twilsonco
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben! Now that I know where it is, it seems funny to have Settings > Security AND Settings > Advanced > Security right? At least this particular feature would be better placed directly under the toggle for enabling Touch ID in Settings > Security.

• rowen
    rowen
    Community Member
    Options

I agree with twilsonco that the setting would be easier to find under Settings > Security

• Ben
    Options

Right. And that is exactly why we have it in the advanced section. ;) The default is best for most folks, and changing the setting can have some unintended consequences for folks who don't understand what it does.

That said, we certainly appreciate the feedback. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.