Secure Notes attachments not visible with OPVault

romainguy
romainguy
Community Member

I'm using the Android beta 6.3.1b1 to sync over Dropbox using OPVault. When doing so, none of the files attached in my secure notes (JPEG, PDF, etc.) are visible in the Android client. The issue does not occur with my OS X or iOS clients.

1Password Version: 6.3.1b1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android
Sync Type: Dropbox/OPVault

Comments

• Hey Romain! Attachment syncing using OPVault is not yet supported on Android. It’s a request we are currently reviewing and I’ll let the team know you’re interested in this feature. Thanks for your feedback!

• romainguy
    romainguy
    Community Member

Thanks saad! I'm definitely interested since all my notes are actually attachments. There's a lot of data I don't have access to at the moment.

• I totally understand :) I also carry a lot of attachments in my Secure Notes. I’ll let the team know!

• @romainguy Just wanted to let you know our latest beta includes support for attachments in OPVault :)

• romainguy
    romainguy
    Community Member

Thank you! I tried it and attachments unfortunately cannot be opened. I reset the app and started a sync from scratch to see if it would fix the problem. I was able to open a few attachments but not all. Here's the error I get every time:

INTERNAL ERROR: Cannot decrypt attachment Purchase Agreement.pdf([EncryptionException (cannot validate HMAC) ])

• saad
    edited May 2016

Oh no. :( That is strange.. I don’t see this error on my end, so let’s try to figure out what’s going on.

From what it looks like this might be related to how these attachment files were encrypted, so it makes me wonder if something happened differently with the version you used to attach these files with. Just as a quick test to see if this is the case, could you remove the attachment file from one of your affected items and re-add it using 1Password for Mac?

Let me know if you are able to open the newly attached file on your Android device now. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.