lockbox
    Community Member

thanks this fixed my problem too. i will close my ticket too

• Thanks for the update, lockbox.

Ben

• DavidLevine
    DavidLevine
    Community Member

@lockbox All of your links say the discussion was not found.

• That is probably my fault. I've merged all of the conversation on this subject into this thread.

Ben

• lockbox
    lockbox
    Community Member

ok this issue returned ben, as noted in the link you deleted for some reason, you have to change the lockout time bc of some bug in the app. please provide us with a proper link to the proper thread and also escalate this bug as many others seem to have it and remedy identitifed.

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

@lockbox

Ben merged your discussion into this larger thread, the answers you seek are on the previous page

I'm one of the developers on the iOS team, so, the entirety of what we know is in that post. Hope that helps.

• lockbox
    lockbox
    Community Member

@AGKyle ok thanks i will bookmark this thread instead. can't delete my now null bookmark here.
    as before this issue definitely persists. I again changed timer to another time (i seem to swap between 2 & 5 minutes in this iteration as 1 hour is too long) and it works when i leave app and return. but as i was typing just now the app locked and now master pwd box appears again. Please just fix this. It always worked fine and kind of shakes my faith in your otherwise solid app, What other bugs might not be as obvious that could be more severe. At least this fails to the safer option.

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

@lockbox

As I mentioned in the above link, these issues should be fixed in the latest beta. If you're not using the beta you'll have to wait until we release 6.4.1.

I am sorry for the trouble though, we certainly didn't release the 6.4 knowing these issues were there.

• lockbox
    lockbox
    Community Member

@AGKyle ok my bad, i also just now realize there is ANOTHER timed security setting i think is the one i was supposed to be changing. it was set to nothing but now i put to reboot as others have done. i was only seeing the other setting and i think that has been my confusion. thanks for replies.

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

@lockbox

Indeed, you have to goto Settings > Advanced > Security and change Require Master Password there.

Once you've done that, the issue you're having should disappear. The bug caused the Require Master Password to be set to your Auto-Lock setting (5 minutes probably). By now changing it you should be set to go again.

Just keep in mind the other two bugs on that post I linked to, this will require the update :)

• prime
    prime
    Community Member

@AGKyle
    Mine is doing this still and my wife has the same issues. I have one diagnostics report, but I didn't have "lock" or "UI Lock" enabled, but I do now.

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

@prime

Did you read the other two bugs I mentioned previously?

Please make sure you read the top section, it describes all 3 bugs. I've pasted them here again for you:

When you have Require Master Password set to Never this could cause you to see the Master Password + Touch ID button when you should see Touch ID. This should be fixed in 6.4.1, to be released in the near future.

When you have Require Master Password set to After Device Restart this would cause you to see the Master Password when you should see Touch ID. This should be fixed in 6.4.1, to be released in the near future.

Both of these are fixed in the latest beta that I hope we release to beta testers today or tomorrow. We hope we'll get confirmation from our testers that these are both fixed.

A third issue can occur if the user had Require Master Password (in Settings > Advanced > Security) set to something other than "Never" in 6.3.1 or earlier. Just to double check, you should check this setting and confirm there is a checkbox next to the option you wish to have it set to. The third bug was due to an issue in the migration from settings between 6.3.1 and 6.4. Fixing this manually is a one time fix and shouldn't happen again. Keep in mind the two issues above though, as those will impact Never and "After Device Restart"

• prime
    prime
    Community Member

Thanks for ththe info!

• prime
    prime
    Community Member

Sent

TBZ-11597-355

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

I have taken a look at @prime 's report and confirmed he is impacted by one of the known bugs we have fixed in beta.

He should be set when 6.4.1 is released. Anyone else experiencing issues should definitely let us know. Please read this post first though as it may answer your questions more quickly than waiting for us to review a diagnostics report. :)

If you're experiencing something different than the above link definitely let us know so I or someone else can take a look asap.

• prime
    prime
    Community Member

Thanks for the UPDATE!!!!!!!

• You're most welcome, prime. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.