1Password Keyboard for Master Password

paulshir
paulshir
Community Member

Hi,

This is a small (I think) feature request for your consideration. Overall very happy with the app/service.

When typing in my master password would it be possible to have an option so that the 1 password keyboard is always the keyboard for typing in the master password?

On iPhone the system keyboard always has to be used to fill in password fields. This prevents the possibility that a malicious keyboard will be logging credentials. I normally use another keyboard like SwiftKey for everyday activities. When typing in my master password I always change to the 1 password keyboard for extra piece of mind, however sometimes I forget. It would be amazing if there could be a setting that will always use the 1 password keyboard for entering a master password.

Something similar is already implemented on Android for entering the pin number. Instead of showing the default keyboard with the number 1 passwords own number pad is always used.

Many thanks.

Paul

1Password Version: Version 6.3.1b1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 6.0
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi Paul,

Thank you for your feedback and support of 1Password. It’s not possible for us to switch your keyboard programatically so we cannot change to the 1Password keyboard for you when you are on the lock screen. I believe this is enforced as a security restriction in the Android OS.

When you are asked to enter your PIN Code, you should still be using the selected keyboard. We don’t switch to the 1Password keyboard, but we ask the selected keyboard to provide a numeric-only input. This means you should still be using SwiftKey for PIN entry.

I hope that helps! Please let us know if you have any other questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.