Dropbox 1password link broken once again

Options

Any ideas on when this will be fixed? Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@FA1LURE I'm sorry you're experiencing this problem! Can you please clarify if you mean that Dropbox is not properly syncing your data between devices, or if 1PasswordAnywhere (a service which previously allowed people to access their 1Password data via Dropbox's web interface) isn't working for you? That will help me understand and address your problem better 8-)

• FA1LURE
    FA1LURE
    Community Member
    Options

Hey,

Sorry about that.

Here is the issue.

I logged into my Dropbox to get to the 1passwordpro keychain html file.

It seems like dropbox isnt loading it properly. So i found a way to get to an older saved version of the file to bring up the lock screen...

but then it give me the

dl.dropboxusercontent.com says:

A problem occurred when loading the "data/default/encryptionKeys.js" file.

Thanks!

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for clarifying, @FA1LURE. I believe the problem is that we recently stopped supporting 1PasswordAnywhere. AgileBits founder Dave Teare wrote about this in another thread, which can be found here. That post offers several options to replace 1PasswordAnywhere, which include:

Hopefully in 2016 you no longer need 1PasswordAnywhere. But if you were using 1PasswordAnywhere for other purposes that we didn’t originally envision, there are alternatives available for you.

First, you can continue to use 1PasswordAnywhere with an Agile Keychain stored locally or on a USB drive. Many browsers restrict access to local files, however, so be sure to configure your browser to allow local access.

If you need remote access to your 1Password data from anywhere, you can host your 1Password Agile Keychain folder on your own webserver. Be sure to enable appropriate access controls and take the necessary security precautions.

Finally, if you prefer a fully managed solution, you can checkout 1Password Families and 1Password for Teams. These services do a lot more than 1PasswordAnywhere was ever capable of and also provides full web access (including viewing and editing) to all your data. You can even view your Documents and restore previous versions of items if you delete or edit and item by accident.

I hope that's helpful! :)

• FA1LURE
    FA1LURE
    Community Member
    Options

Not really.

You guys had said you were going to support Google Drive for the past few years and now what your saying is you are killing it all together?

None of those are solutions for me unfortunately.

Guess I should look into taking my business elsewhere. wack.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm sorry that none of those options work for you. I know that 1PasswordAnywhere was a convenient tool, but unfortunately it was built on a workaround that is no longer supported, and it's not something we're going to focus on in addition to all our other projects. I hope you're able to find something that suits your needs, and we'll be here if you decide to give one of those other solutions a shot!

This discussion has been closed.