Can I convert my 1Password Teams to a regular 1Password account?

CNoPain
CNoPain
Community Member

I was very excited when reading about 1Password Teams, and signed up immediately and started using it on my phone, but I missed the fact that the apps all require OSes that I do not have right now, and so I would not be able to take advantage of the desktop solutions (browser plugins, etc.). I know I can use the web client but I'm not sure that the copy + paste behavior is really what I'm looking for. So my questions are:

• Is there a way for me to convert my Teams account to a regular account? I have already added/generated a bunch of passwords and information, and it would be nice not have to redo all of that again
  • Am I missing a better way for me to use Teams even though my Windows machines are on Windows 7 and my Macs are on 10.9?
  • Am I correct in thinking that if I switch to the old-school personal account, I'll be able to take advantage of the browser plugins?

Thanks, I appreciate any insight you can provide!

1Password Version: 4.4.3
Extension Version: 4.5.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.9
Sync Type: tried iCloud but haven't gotten it to work

Comments

• Hey @CNoPain! I'm sorry Teams isn't going to work out for you. I can understand that, though. OS X 10.9 is quite an old operating system and we won't be adding support for it. You should be able to upgrade those Macs to 10.11, actually. I'd recommend giving Apple's upgrade page a look — it's worth a shot, it's free, and Yosemite+ is great. Windows 7, on the other hand, will have support in the future, but I don't have a timeline for it.

Is there a way for me to convert my Teams account to a regular account? I have already added/generated a bunch of passwords and information, and it would be nice not have to redo all of that again

This may be a bit of a challenge if you only have access to Windows 7 and OS X 10.9. Do you have any other devices you can sign in to your team with? You can move items to a standard 1Password setup from a team using 1Password 6 for Mac, 1Password for Windows 10, and 1Password 6 for iOS. If you have any of those, you can follow our migration guide in reverse to move things over. :) Otherwise, I'm afraid it's copy and paste from the browser to 1Password 4 for Mac and Windows.

Am I correct in thinking that if I switch to the old-school personal account, I'll be able to take advantage of the browser plugins?

Yep! You can use the native apps on Mac and Windows as well. :) If you don't already have a copy of them, you can purchase a license for both from our store. Also, if you'd still like to share passwords among your colleagues, you can do that with Dropbox. Here's our guide on the subject:

Can I share an entire vault with my family or co-workers?

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

This discussion has been closed.