Licensing n ting for 1PW

tobylh
tobylh
Community Member

Greetings and well met, my Canadian brothers and sisters...

I've got a couple of questions about licensing, one of which I have asked before, which now causes sleepless nights and greying of hair.
So, question one...
We have bought 150 licences from you already for Mac users. We also have maybe 25 Windows ones (that number is arbitrary, as I have no idea how many it really is, and it's last thing on a Friday. The pub; she calls, so I'm being lazy).
I see you now have an option for Mac and Windows in the form of a site license. So, could we revoke any licences we may have purchased, and get a site license, knocking off what we're already paid for the ones we've bought? This will bring everything into line for us, and make this less of a headache.

Question number two (the cause of my anxiety)...
I contacted you lovely people last year to say I was concerned that we had overused one of our Mac licenses (we were buying batches of 50 at a time).
Somewhere I have something from yourgoodselves telling me that the file won't licence anymore machines once it's reached 50, however, I'm pretty sure that that has not been the case. We have definitely used it more than 50 times. So to fess up completely, I really think that are using instances that are licensed, but shouldn't be.

This is the cause of my woe, as I think of all the poor Agile Bits Humans, from whose babies mouths, we are stealing food.

I really want to get this fixed, to make sure we're on the right side of history, and Agile Bits too (the latter being the most important to me. Screw history).

What can we do?
Is there anyway of auditing what we have already?
Do you have a super-duper-mega-advanced-computer-based-auditing-tool that can find this out?
Have I just made loads of work for myself?

I throw myself upon your mercy.

Cheers
Toby

1Password Version: Many
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX & Windows
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Toby ( @tobylh ),

First of all, thank you so much for your consideration! I’m sorry that these questions are causing you sleepless nights and greying hairs. That’s certainly not ideal, and we’ll do what we can to have this resolved as soon as possible so you can get some proper rest.

Now, because we’re talking about a significant number of business licenses, the best way to resolve this is going to be via email, so we can take a look at your existing licenses and determine the best way to move forward. You can email us at support+licenses@agilebits.com (and mention that we started our conversation here).

This discussion has been closed.