Trouble with Go & Fill on nikeplus.nike.com

sandysantra
sandysantra
Community Member
Nike+ has a popup login screen; that's a problem
Here is the URL: Nike+. It takes you to a page, and there is a LOGIN button at the bottom of the left hand sidebar.

When you click on that, you do not get taken to a subpage; you get a popup that asks you for credentials.

I've tried saving this login procedure about a dozen different ways with 1Password in the past hour, and I just can't get it.

Is 1Password unable to handle pop-up login windows?

--Sandy

Comments

• Here is the URL: Nike+. It takes you to a page, and there is a LOGIN button at the bottom of the left hand sidebar.

When you click on that, you do not get taken to a subpage; you get a popup that asks you for credentials.

I've tried saving this login procedure about a dozen different ways with 1Password in the past hour, and I just can't get it.

Is 1Password unable to handle pop-up login windows?

--Sandy

Hi Sandy,

It worked fine for me. I assume you are using Safari 5.1 with the new extension? That's what I tested with. I was able to manually save the form (by filling in my credentials and then hitting the "+" button in the upper right hand corner of the Safari extension) and also restore it. Autosubmit also worked.

Ben
  • desertman
    desertman
    Community Member

I can also not log in to Nike+ with 1Password.

Not with Firefox 22 and not with Safari 6.0.4, neither with extension 3.9.18 nor with extension 3.9.19b1. On a Mac with OS X 10.8.3.

After creating an entry manually in 1Password (on http://nikeplus.nike.com/plus/, by filling in my credentials and then hitting the "+" button in the upper right hand corner of the extension window) the URL in 1Password gets changed into https://secure-nikeplus.nike.com/plus/web/login/iframe.html?xdm_e=http://nikeplus.nike.com&xdm_c=default2957&xdm_p=1. When I later try to go there with the help of 1Password I only come to a grey page with a spinning wheel.

How is it possible to use 1Password for the Nike+ login?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2013

The actual login form is located on a different server. Note the second URL you posted. That is where the login form is. However, if you load that URL directly (regardless of whether you are using 1Password or not) it is coded to not load anything. That's why you get the spinning load indicator.

For that reason, Go & Fill won't work.

You'll need to visit the home page (i.e. the first URL you posted), click the "LOG IN" button to reveal the login form, and then press ⌘\ to fill your credentials. (Or select the Login from the 1Password extension popup if you prefer to use the mouse rather than the quicker keyboard shortcut).

• desertman
    desertman
    Community Member
    edited July 2013

"You'll need to visit the home page (i.e. the first URL you posted), click the "LOG IN" button to reveal the login form, and then press ⌘\ to fill your credentials. (Or select the Login from the 1Password extension popup if you prefer to use the mouse rather than the quicker keyboard shortcut)."

This does not work - neither with Firefox 22 nor with Safari 6.0.4. Neither via keyboard nor via mouse. I have to do the whole login manually.

By the way: It also does not work on Agilebits' forum website (http://forum.agilebits.com/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=login) where there is a similar login procedere. Here it is a little different, though. First I have to go (with 1Password) to the website, then I have to click onto "Sign in", then I have to repeat the first step (as if I wanted to go to the website). Now 1Password fills in user name and password but does not automatically log in - I have to click onto "Sign in" for that to happen.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

It's kind of funny that I am replying to this right now. I actually have the Nike website opened in another tab and just logged into my account there before switching back to the forums to see what the next post was. :D

There may be a bug in Safari 6 (which is still prerelease software), but it works quite well in the current stable version of Safari. There does appear to be a bug in Firefox. You will need to fill it a couple times in Firefox, but it does work. It's frustrating. We'll see how we can improve this, or if we would need Nike to actually change it on their end. Sometimes some of these things are beyond what is possible for us to do in the extension. We need some sites to actually stop using whacky code. :)

By the way: It also does not work on Agilebits' forum website (http://forum.agilebits.com/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=login) where there is a similar login procedere. Here it is a little different, though. First I have to go (with 1Password) to the website, then I have to click onto "Sign in", then I have to repeat the first step (as if I wanted to go to the website). Now 1Password fills in user name and password but does not automatically log in - I have to click onto "Sign in" for that to happen.

Sure it does. As you might imagine I log in here pretty frequently myself. ;) Let's get it working as well for you as it does for me every day. Try using the actual login page rather than the link you posted.

1. Visit the site's login page: http://discussions.agilebits.com/entry/signin
    2. Enter your credentials, but DO NOT submit the form.
    3. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and select the "+" button in the upper right hand corner.
    4. Change the title and make any notes (if desired).
    5. Click the Save button in the upper right hand corner.

Using the above technique I was able to save and fill a sample login at:

http://discussions.agilebits.com/entry/signin

Manually saving a new Login can be useful for logins that are either problematic to begin with or were once working but have since stopped. Saving a new Login item allows 1Password to refresh everything it "knows" about the page. Login pages often change as websites are updated and this can be a necessary but very useful tip. :)

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

• desertman
    desertman
    Community Member
    edited July 2013

I deleted both entries, for Nike+ and for AgileBits, and created them manually as described above new.

AgileBits works now fully. Thanks for describing once more how to create a manual entry and explaining that it is sometimes good to delete and recreate an entry.

Nike+ works now also on both browsers, Firefox and Safari - but not with ⌘\ as described before. In both browsers I have to use these three steps:

1. Go - using 1Password - to the login page.
    2. Click onto "Log In" and wait for the login pop-up window.
    3. Repeat step 1.

Now in Firefox and Safari 1Password fills in user name and password and most of the time logs in automatically. Sometimes it does not log in automatically and "Log In" needs to be clicked manually. Either way is fine with me.

I logged in with both browsers now at least 30 times (deleting always all cookies inbetween) and it worked every time as described above. Interesting that ⌘\ does not work on my computer (OS X 10.8.3); there seems to be a conflict with one of my other add-ons.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

AgileBits works now fully.

Great! I'm glad that things are working well! That is always good news. :)

…it worked every time as described above.

Also good! The site is coded strangely, so I'm not sure how much better we can make it on our end without them changing something. It's on our radar, though.

Interesting that ⌘\ does not work on my computer (OS X 10.8.3); there seems to be a conflict with one of my other add-ons.

This sounds like a separate issue. To help us track down the issue more quickly, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.