Password Hint Being Cut Off

Options
indind
indind
Community Member

I'm encountering an odd problem, when I'm merging an established vault into a new vault, the password hint are not line breaking so they only display the first few words and the rest of the hint is cut off. I'm not able to merge the vault, since the hint is obscuring one portion of the hint. This feels like a bug, since I'm guessing the text is supposed to wrap. Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.5
OS Version: OSX 11.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @indind,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! I’ve done some testing here, and I’m seeing the same thing you are - longer hints don’t wrap correctly, they just fall off the edge of the window.

I’ve filed a bug report in our internal tracker, and we’ll do what we can to have this resolved soon.

In the meantime though, you should still be able to merge the vaults. Unless I’m misunderstanding what you’re seeing, you should still have the option to enter the vault’s password, even though you can’t see the entire hint.

ref: OPM-4053

• indind
    indind
    Community Member
    Options

@Megan thank you! I ended up merging it on my iPhone, which wraps the hint, so I just read the hint there and was able to move forward. Thank you so much for your quick reply, we're big fans of you guys!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @indind,

I’m glad you found a solution - thanks for letting us know you’re all sorted out. Hopefully our team can find a proper resolution for this issue soon.

Happy Friday! :)

This discussion has been closed.