I can't access my personal vault on my family account from my pc.

Options
ladovbenoit
ladovbenoit
Community Member

I migrated my personal vault from a macbook to my family account. Now I've installed the pulgin for chrome on my PC and I can't access my personal vault on my family account from my pc. When I click the 1password plugin icon in chrome, it gives me the three prompts to either setup an account, connect to a vault or restore vault from backup. I don't have a vault on this pc so neither of these work for me and i can't use 1password on my home pc.

1Password Version: 1password 4 (not installed)
Extension Version: 4.5.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Enterprise
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I can't access my personal vault on my family account from my pc.

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @ladovbenoit! Sorry about that. 1Password 4 for Windows doesn't support Families, but we do have an app for Windows 10 that does. You can download it from the Microsoft Store. It also has filling in the built-in 1Browser. If you have any current data, this guide will help you move it over to your family:

Migrate to a Family or Team account

Let us know if you have any questions. :)

• ladovbenoit
    ladovbenoit
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @penderworth! I actually tried installing that app before and again just now with the updated version. Each time I received an error stating I couldn't connect, due to either a connection issue or a response given. Ultimately there was no response and I was connected to the internet.

After writing the above, I tried again and finally realized I had entered the wrong email address, but that was not being communicated in the error message. You may want to pass that on to the dev team. Thanks.
    I'm in!

• ladovbenoit
    ladovbenoit
    Community Member
    Options

Question: how can i get 1password to remember and passwords in chrome on my PC if I have 1password beta installed? Don't I need the chrome extension, which only works with 1password4 on windows or macs?

Thanks.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update, @ladovbenoit.

Question: how can i get 1password to remember and passwords in chrome on my PC if I have 1password beta installed? Don't I need the chrome extension, which only works with 1password4 on windows or macs?

Right. At the moment unfortunately the answer is "you don't." We don't yet have 1Password Families compatible browser extensions for Windows. That is certainly something we're working on.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.