secure notes on mac sync to ios but attachment links dont show on ios

agile_sim
agile_sim
Community Member

secure notes on mac sync to ios but attachment links dont show on ios.
using latest versions of 1Password, OSX and iOS.
syncing via dropbox

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:dropbox-troubleshooting

Comments

• Hi @agile_sim,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. Are you certain that changes to your 1Password items are currently being synced in both directions (changes on each device are reflected on the other)?

Please let us know. :)

Ben

• agile_sim
    agile_sim
    Community Member

Synching of logins and notes perfect between imac, macbook air and ios...via dropbox.
    It is only attachments that are not compatible with iPhone.
    Since found documentation on agilebits confirming this.
    Got around the notes problem by typing or copy and pasting directly into to the notes field.
    Thanx for your response Ben.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@agile_sim I'm glad you found a workaround! I'm curious, though, what documentation you're referring to? If you purchased the Pro Features for the 1Password for iOS app (or if you subscribe to 1Password Families or 1Password for Teams) you should be able to view attachments on your iPhone or iPad. I tested this out myself by attaching an image to a Secure Note I created in 1Password for Mac, and was able to view the attached image on my iPhone. Please let me know so we can figure this out and make your life a little easier 8-)

• agile_sim
    agile_sim
    Community Member

I have 1password for mac but have not purchased pro features... this is probably the solution for attachments !!!
    thank you for that.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@agile_sim I'm glad I was able to help!

• thorpey
    thorpey
    Community Member

Im having very similar problem.
    I use a mac and sync to iphone and iPads.
    Updated a secure note attachment and it does not sync to the devices. Still the old attachment on devices.
    I tried doing a whole new secure note on the mac with the updated attachment, synced all devices and the note appears but not the attachment.

Moc OSX 10.8.5
    IOS 9 (Ipad Air)
    IOS 7 (iphone4)

All other logins etc are syncing fine.

Help please?

• thorpey
    thorpey
    Community Member
    edited May 2016

"I tried doing a whole new secure note on the mac with the updated attachment, synced all devices and the note appears but not the attachment."

I should have added that the attachment does appear on the mac, but not the IOS devices.

I have the paid version of 1Password 5 for Mac.

• @thorpey,

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• thorpey
    thorpey
    Community Member

Thanks Guys,
    Support ID # is: [#FPI-28154-466]

• Thanks, @thorpey. We've received your email and will continue the conversation there. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.