Problem syncing iMac OS 10.9.5 w iPad OS 9.3.1. using WiFi

Options
hbusher20142
hbusher20142
Community Member

Instructions say to choose Preferences and select "Run a WiFo server from this Mac to sync with IOS", and then checkbox in the WiFi server preferences. This icon is shown in your illustration but I do no have it on my screen. What can I do to set up for WiFi sync?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Problem syncing iMac OS 10.9.5 w iPad OS 9.3.1. Have no WiFi sync icon in Preferencis

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@hbusher20142 please tell us:

Stephen

• Jacob
    Options

Hi @hbusher20142! I'm sorry you're having trouble with Wi-Fi Sync. If you could post the details Stephen mentioned, we'll have a bit more to troubleshoot things with. :) I suspect the issue is that you're running OS X 10.9.5 and may have a much older version of 1Password. The guide you're reading is for 1Password 5 and 6 primarily.

• hbusher20142
    hbusher20142
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for the mistake. I read the fine print too late! I have 1Password 3.8.22 with a MacMini OS 10.9.5 that I wish to sync with an iPad OS 9.3.1 using WiFi. I hold off upgrading because I have only 4 GB of memory and the new versions, which require more memory, seem to be improving i phone problems and I don't even have an i phone. Any way around the problem. I'm 95 and only use the computers for e-mail, Google, and some record keeping, etc. so I don't want Dropbox.

• Jacob
    Options

@hbusher20142 It's all good, no worries. :) 4 GB of memory isn't too small. I know someone using 2 GB with El Capitan and it's actually not that bad. Take your time, though. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to help.

This discussion has been closed.