How bring up LOGINS in 1password when in browser using IPad

Using iPad in web browser I am unable to bring up 1password log in folder. Credit cards and fill identity come up only. How can I access 1Password logins for account info etc.

1Password Version: 6.4
Extension Version: 6.4.3
OS Version: iOS
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @welasm,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. To login to a web page in Safari using our extension first navigate to the site's login page, and then activate the 1Password extension. To help prevent phishing the 1Password extension will only show login items that match the page you are currently viewing.

For example, if I want to login to Amazon, I'd first open Safari, then navigate to https://www.amazon.com/gp/css/homepage.html/ref=nav_youraccount_btn and then activate the 1Password extension which will present me with my Amazon login item.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• welasm
    welasm
    Community Member

Thank you, but can I put it another way. I am already in accorhotels website and they ask me to sign. I go to square box with arrow pointing up and the accorhotel 1password details come up. When I press to fill log in and password nothing happens. I then have to go out open 1Password and log in from there. What am I doing wrong.? Welasm.

• Thanks Welasm. Just to be clear: is this happening with every login, or just the accorhotels login?

Please let us know. :)

Ben

• welasm
    welasm
    Community Member

Sorry for delay but been away. Every login that is done the way I described.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

@welasm Just so we're on the same page, can you please try this out with Twitter? We test Twitter with every release, so it will give us a nice common ground to work from and let us know if this happens to be a problem with 1Password or if it's something more like a constellation of filling issues for you. If you don't have a Twitter account, just create a Login in 1Password for Twitter with some fake credentials so we can use it as a test ground.

Thanks for your patience and assistance. We'll get to the bottom of this.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• welasm
    welasm
    Community Member

I have been able to sign from Twitter. To make sure I am not silly I have tried other site "Sharewealthsystems.com.au" and was not able to get 1password up with Sharewealthsystem password details. Only fill identity come up with a few 1password accounts. Michael

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for that link, @welasm. I just tested this and it worked for me. Here's what I did on my iPad:

1. Navigate to sharewealthsystems.com.au in Safari
    2. Tap on Members
    3. Enter a fake username and password
    4. Tap the share icon at the top of the screen and choose 1Password
    5. Enter my PIN (because my iPad is older and doesn't have Touch ID. ;))
    6. Tap the New Login item
    7. Confirm the details and tap Save
    8. Reload the page
    9. Tap the share icon at the top of the screen and choose 1Password
    10. Tap the Login item that I just created

At this point, the username and password filled in the appropriate fields for me. This manual saving process is the most reliable way to save Logins in 1Password, especially on iOS where we don't have autosave like we have on Mac and Windows.

Let me know if that works for you.

• welasm
    welasm
    Community Member

Yes that worked thanks very much I will go in and change the ones I am having trouble with.

I appreciate the time you have put into my problem

Michael

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @welasm, on behalf of Ben and Jamie you're very welcome! Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any other questions :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.