Sync Broken.

ronbrown
ronbrown
Community Member

I am using Version 6.2.1 on my iMac running El Capitan (10.11.4) and Version 6.4 on my iPhone (running iOS 9.3.1). I have been syncing via DropBox and it had worked fine, but seems to have stopped. I put in a new note on a log-in on iOS and it did not show up on my Mac. I also tried the other direction (Mac to iOS) and that also did not work. I verified that both platforms are set to use the same file (/1Password.agilekeychain). I have looked in Finder and verified that the file on Dropbox is getting updated (at least its modification date is changing). Help!

Ron Brown

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.4
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Syncing between iPhone and Mac OS X version broken. Used to work. Using DropBox.

Comments

• Hey @ronbrown! Sorry about that. When did the trouble start, exactly? We just released 1Password 6.4 for iOS so I'm wondering if it's related to that. We have a troubleshooting knowledge base article for Dropbox sync that I'd recommend starting with:

If you’re having trouble syncing with Dropbox

Let us know if that helps get things rolling again.

• ronbrown
    ronbrown
    Community Member

OK, I went through the trouble shooting steps. When I create new log in 1Password on my Mac it does sync down to my iPhone. But when I create a new log-in on my iPhone, and "force" the sync via Settings/Sync/Primary/Sync Now, 1Password says it synced, but new file in /1Password.agilekeychain/data/default and no change to modification dates for any of the existing files.

Help!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for following up, @ronbrown.

If you haven't already done so as part of the steps in the aforelinked troubleshooting article, try restarting both your Mac and your iPhone. It's a simple step and will resolve the problem if the Dropbox app has hung on your Mac. There's no downside to try it, so it's worth a shot.

If that doesn't help, we may need to dig a little deeper. I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• ronbrown
    ronbrown
    Community Member

Hmmm, resetting both devices (I should have done them one at a time, to see which one mattered, I am willing to bet it was the phone) and now sync is working. When all else fails reboot ...

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@ronbrown I'm glad everything is working again!

This discussion has been closed.