EFTPS Login Issue, need to fill multiple username and password fields

sjf
sjf
Community Member

I am trying to log into the EFTPS (Electronic Federal Tax Payment System). This system uses my SSN, a PIN and a PASSWORD to login. Looking at the web form details, I see my SSN in three fields, SSN1 (first three digits), SSN2 (middle two digits), and SSN3 (last four digits). I also see the PIN field, and the password field.

Unfortunately, I can only flag one of the three SSN fields as the username, and one of the PIN/password fields as the password. If I try to select one field, it unselects the previous field. I need it to enter all three SSN fields as the username, and both the PIN and password field for the password.

Is there any way to allow the selection of multiple fields for these functions, so I can get all five fields entered on the form before submission?

Thanks

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.5
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sjf,

If you try and fill using the Login item created what happens? The reason I ask is that while flagging any individual part of your SSN as a username doesn't make much sense to you or I all that really matters is that when 1Password attempts to fill the form that the web form details, which form a fingerprint of the page, match the form. If they do 1Password will use the web form details to fill and should fill all three fields for your SSN as well as the PIN and password. As long as this happens it won't matter what single field has been flagged as the username or password. The only requirement for this is that the Login item was saved from inside the browser which given your description it was.

If it isn't filling properly could you tell us what the URL for the login page is please ad we'll take a look :smile:

• sjf
    sjf
    Community Member

The URL is https://www.eftps.gov/eftps/login/loginInitial

Only the field flagged as user and password is being filled in.. I tried changing the user from SSN3 to SSN1. When I did this, it used the first three digits of my SSN, but still placed it in SSN3's field. (strange!)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @sjf,

Thank you for the URL. I've taken a peek and I created a test Login item after filling in the SSN fields, PIN and Internet Password fields. I'm going to include a snapshot of what my item looked like when I did this. I reloaded the page and all 5 fields correctly filled so I'm wondering if your Login item looks at all like mine. As you have looked inside the web form details section I wonder, did you remove or add anything as doing so does alter the stored fingerprint and we would use alternative filling strategies, all of which would lead to unsatisfactory results.

So does your item look like mine at all?

Don't forget these are public forums so posting of my test item with zero real data is fine but your item will contain very real information that you probably don't want visible to the entire internet. You probably weren't going to post a screenshot but every so often somebody does post information we feel they didn't intend for everybody to see.

• sjf
    sjf
    Community Member

Yes, it looks just like that (with different data, of course). I changed submit to "Never Submit", so as to see what fields were being filled in. All fields were blank except for SSN3 and password, which contained the appropriate info (i assume the password was correct - it's hidden).

• sjf
    sjf
    Community Member

Closer examination shows a slight difference -- here's a screen shot (with bogus SSN).

• sjf
    sjf
    Community Member

And here's the filled-out form...

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

@sjf It looks like perhaps your Login was originally saved in the main 1Password application rather than the browser extension. If you save a brand new copy manually does that Login then work for filling? I have a few EFTPS accounts and they all work fine for me by following this process.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• sjf
    sjf
    Community Member

That seemed to work! Thanks so much!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sjf,

Glad we managed to solve that mystery :smile: If you have any other troublesome sites please don't hesitate to contact us.

This discussion has been closed.