No way to get started with families account on Android

Options
bdigregorio
bdigregorio
Community Member

Hi, I'm new to 1password. Just made a brand new families account yesterday using the website. Set up the chrome extension and mac app (6.2.1) and it works beautifully. Downloaded 1password on my iPad and it was very obvious how to sign in to my families account.

Then I downloaded the Android app for my phone. Clearly, the Android app has not received all of the updates to support a brand new families account. Upon opening the app for the first time, there are literally only 2 options:

1) I can create a new vault and set up a brand new master password, which I definitely don't want to do unless I am completely misunderstanding how this works.

2) I can "sync" with my data from elsewhere using dropbox/wifi/local storage, etc.

Here's the problem. The families account doesn't seem to use this concept of syncing with any of the above options. On the iOS app, I just had to scan my QR code to get signed in, but the Android app literally doesn't have this option. I have to select one of the 2 above methods to continue, and there is apparent way to move forward as a brand new families account user.

I'm very confused about how to proceed, as my only phone is an Android device and 1password is essentially useless if I can't use it on my phone. My 30 day trial is getting used up and I have no way to actually utilize the service.

1Password Version: Android app 6.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 6.0 Marshmellow
Sync Type: families account
Referrer: kb:contact-us, kb:teams-families-setup

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bdigregorio,

I'm sorry about the confusion! You're right, there's no way yet to set up you family account on your Android device in the same way there is for iOS. Our team is working to improve this.

In order to set up your account you should click on "Create a new vault" when it gives you the two options. You can then follow the instructions here to set up your account: https://support.1password.com/teams-families-migrate/android.html#set-up-the-apps-and-import-your-data. You'll be able to scan the QR code and your Family account will be set up and ready to use!

Please let us know how this goes and if there's anything else we can do for you! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.