I cannot create an account in iOS on a new iPhone and I own 1password for mac

odgessis
odgessis
Community Member

I am setting up my sister's iPhone with 1password. Trying to add her account and ipassword wants a team url. Why do I need that? Cannot sync wirelessly even because I cannot open 1password without setting up the account, which I cannot seem to do without a team url. What happened to make 1password so dang complicated now. I have been using 1password for years and have never had this kind of trouble getting it onto an iPhone. Can you please help?!?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:pro-features-faq, ug:ios/, ug:ios/existing-user, ug:ios/teams-user, kb:pro-features-faq

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @odgessis,

I'm sorry to hear about your confusion with 1Password. You only have an account if you are part of a Family or Team, that's why it's asking you for the Team URL. If you don't, when you first open the app after downloading it you should click on "Use without an account". It will then prompt you to set up a syncing method, and you can pick between Wi-Fi, iCloud and Dropbox. When this is set up she'll be able to access her data as always.

Please let us know how this goes for you and if there's anything else we can do to help! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.