I'm trying to set up WiFi syncing for 1password but "sync" option doesnt appear on phone

Options
samp
samp
Community Member

I'm trying to set up syncing between 1password on my mac and on my iphone. I was able to follow the instructions on setting up my mac for wifi syncing, but there is no option for "sync" under settings on my 1password app on my iphone. What should I do? Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: ug:mac/sync, ug:ios/sync-over-wifi, kb:faq, ug:mac/sync-wi-fi, ug:ios/sync-over-wifi

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @samp

It's good news that the first part of setting up syncing is up and working!
    Did you by any chance signed up into a Team or Family account on your phone when you were setting it up?

When I go to Settings on my phone this is what I see, with Sync right below Security

Could you please tell me what exactly you see on Settings?
    I hope to hear from you soon to get this figured out! :chuffed:

• samp
    samp
    Community Member
    Options

Pilar,
    Ya, I think I accidentally signed into a team account. I see the same thing as you do in settings, minus the sync option. What should I do?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @samp,

That sounds a little bit annoying, but luckily it can be very easily fixed! You need to delete the app from your phone and download it again. When you open it for the first time you should click on "Use without an account". It will prompt you to set up a syncing method right away. Everything should go smoothly from here.

Please let me know how this works out for you and if you have any other questions! :chuffed:

• samp
    samp
    Community Member
    Options

That worked! Thanks so much for your help!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@samp I'm glad to hear that it helped and it's all fixed now! :chuffed:

Let us know if there's anything else we can do to help you!

This discussion has been closed.