Can't print from browser

rob_how
rob_how
Community Member

Hi, when I press the link and go to a website and login if that page has a print button to print say a statement nothing happens when it's pressed.

1Password Version: 6.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.3.1
Sync Type: Icloud
Referrer: forum-search:Can't print from browser

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rob_how,

I'm sorry you're having issues. Could you please elaborate on what's going on? Which browser are you using?

I hope to hear back from you soon so we can help you with this! :chuffed:

• rob_how
    rob_how
    Community Member

The built in 1browser in the app. I tried changing it to safari but it stays the same in the settings panel

• Hi @rob_how

Thanks for the additional information! Changing the user agent setting for 1Browser to Safari doesn't change anything other than what 1Browser identifies itself to websites as. So if you set that to Safari 1Browser will tell websites that it is Safari, but it doesn't make it function any differently. The feature is there mostly for web developers who want to test how their site presents to different web browsers.

If you want to use Safari, you can do so. Launch Safari instead of 1Password. You can then use 1Password within Safari using our Safari extension:

Enable the extension | 1Password for iOS

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• rob_how
    rob_how
    Community Member

Sorry that doesn't help. I want to launch the 1password app, open the web page from the login details, then if there's a "print page" button for forms or statements etc be able to press the button and it will print. At the moment nothing happens when I press this button.

• @rob_how,

What is the URL to the page you are trying to print? I just tried following the steps you outlined and it worked fine for me:

Does the page in question print correctly from Safari?

Ben

• rob_how
    rob_how
    Community Member

It's not a particular url. If I go to my bank or other url's and I look at a particular document or statement it often has a "print this page" button, it never works. I have to open Safari, copy and paste my user name and password for that particular site from 1password, then once I'm on the document I want I press "print this page" and it does.

• it often has a "print this page" button

I see.

I have to open Safari, copy and paste my user name and password for that particular site from 1password, then once I'm on the document I want I press "print this page" and it does.

Right. You can avoid that by following the instructions I posted here.

Using the 1Password extension within Safari means you no longer have to copy & paste your credentials. It is a better experience than using 1Browser. :)

If I go to my bank or other url's and I look at a particular document or statement it often has a "print this page" button, it never works.

I'm not sure there is anything we can do about this, but I'll ask our development team to look into it. In the mean time you may have better luck by selecting the Share icon from the bottom of 1Browser (next to the 1Password key) and selecting Print. This is how I was able to print the Google page above.

But the extension really is where our focus is. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.