Creating/editing entries/access to fields

Macorin
Macorin
Community Member
edited May 2016 in iOS

I know I've been down this road before, but I'm still experiencing issues when it comes to being able to scroll and access all the fields in an entry.

I just created a new bank account entry. I wanted to apply tags and add a note, but I couldn't because those fields get stuck under the bottom of the screen and the app won't let me scroll to keep them visible. If you scroll up, the screen just bounces back down, making them impossible to access.

I've experienced this in the past. I'm currently using an iPhone 6 and running iOS 9.3.1. Does anybody else experience this? Can this be fixed? It would help greatly.

Thanks.

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Macorin,

I'm sorry you're having trouble adding tags or notes to your items!

I tried doing that on my own iPhone but it works correctly for me when I edit tags or notes fields in a Bank Account item or other items. Can you please let us know the exact steps you're taking in order to reproduce this issue? The more specific steps you can give us, the better. Does it happen every time you try to add edit tags/notes, or just sometimes? Does it happen in all types of items, or only Bank Account items?

Also, can you please let us know the exact version of 1Password currently installed on your iPhone? In the 1Password app, the version number should be shown on the Settings screen directly underneath the "Recommend 1Password" option.

Thanks in advance! :)

• Macorin
    Macorin
    Community Member
    edited May 2016

Hi Drew,

I'm using version 6.4. I can't give you direct steps because there's inconsistency with when I experience the issues. In the case that prompted my post, I simply created a new bank account entry. By the time I added most of the information and was towards the bottom of the edit template, I couldn't scroll down to show the tags and notes fields. I even tried saving and then reopening to get there, but it didn't work. I could see the tags field by scrolling all the way, but as soon as I let go of the screen, it bounced down out of view again. Later in the day when I went back into the entry, I was able to get to both the tags and notes fields.

This is what is troublesome to me about using this app. I run into this type of issue all of the time and it happens in all of the types, not just bank accounts. From the flimsy way the app moves from field to field to things like not being able to scroll smoothly, or all the way, the app doesn't always feel like a rock solid local database. It feels more like a cloud database that has trouble adapting to my screen and device. It just rarely feels stable and this makes for a very unsatisfying user experience. It should be smooth and consistent and I don't know why it isn't on my device.

This discussion has been closed.