Are attachments coming soon?

Options
Micro23
Micro23
Community Member

Seems like mobile is the perfect platform for adding attachemnts but we still do not have a method yet.

Can we please get the ability to take a picture and add it as an item atachment? That would be really great for workflow.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Micro23 we don't try to make guesses for when new features will be available -- whenever I predict anything, whether it's a coming feature or the weather, I jinx it. But this is something that we're working on and many of us on the team hope it will be available soon.

• FolsomRider
    FolsomRider
    Community Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

plus 1, I keep opening the app expecting to be able to add a picture, then remember, "oh yeah, not there yet."

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @FolsomRider,

we're working on it! Can't wait to get my hands on adding documents and attachments through 1Password for iOS myself :)

-Winnie

• holgr
    holgr
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but count a +1 for a document picker that's not limited to photos :)

• MrRooni
    edited September 2016
    Options

Hey @holgr! Thank you for writing back in. Never apologize for resurrecting a thread, how else would we know what's important to you? We have a ticket filed for this one, its number is OPI-3664. I will make sure to add your vote there and we'll see what we can do.

ref: OPI-3664

• percheron
    percheron
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for being able to add docs of all types on iOS (and links to said docs!)

Btw, is ticket OPI-3664 close to the top?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We don't have a "top" or "bottom", but we take all of this feedback into account when developing new versions of 1Password. Thanks for letting us know this feature is important to you! :)

• FriFra
    FriFra
    Community Member
    Options

Does that men, photo attachments are not there? I bought pro because this was announced as a pro feature.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2016
    Options

@FriFra: I'm sorry for the confusion! "View attachments" is one of the Pro Features. It isn't possible to add file attachments to items in 1Password for iOS, but they can be sync'd from the desktop apps and viewed there. I hope this helps! :)

• skippingrock
    skippingrock
    Community Member
    Options

Would like to be able to add not just photos, but also files from either Dropbox, iCloud Drive or some other app through an available 1Password extension.

I would love to see the Share menu to have a 1Password button saying, "Save to 1Password".

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@skippingrock: I think that would be a great option, since it would be flexible enough for a number of uses — not just pictures. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

• skippingrock
    skippingrock
    Community Member
    Options

Thank-you for considering it.

(P.S. I've been going through all my posts with a short update reply. Do we really need to have a posting limit of no more than two posts per minute? Making me wait another 5 minutes (300 seconds) to do some quick updates is not a great use of my time that I'm giving to you to help improve the product. If you need to have it, please be a little more gracious with the amount of time between posts.)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@skippingrock: I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Indeed, you're just trying to be helpful, and that can feel a bit punitive. While I know you're just trying to efficiently make your way through your notifications, this pattern (multiple posts in quick succession) is a really common tactic of spammers, so the forum software throttles things a bit to combat that. It's something that's constantly being evaluated though, so perhaps this can be made less restrictive in the future. Thanks for your feedback on this! :blush:

• nate886
    nate886
    Community Member
    Options

Consider me a +1 too! How do you all respond to bribes? ;)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nate886: Hehe. We like bribes, but unfortunately those economics don't produce good results. We're all better off if we take the time to develop a new feature that we can all love. Better to take the time necessary to avoid issues with arbitrary data than to churn something out without the proper amount of attention. :)

• nate886
    nate886
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty - Thanks for being responsive in the forums. I can certainly appreciate the dedication to quality. Keep up the good work guys.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you! We'll continue to strive to do our best for you and the rest of our awesome customers! :chuffed:

• wait, there was an offer of bribery? I might be swayed!

:)

• nate886
    nate886
    Community Member
    Options

Ha! I didn't mean to create dissension in the ranks, but now we know where the weak link is. :p

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:crazy:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

LOL! Funny discussion we have here! :)

+1 to having the ability to attach items from iPassword for iOS.

In mitigation, we could use the Document feature of 1Password Web App to attach files from the Camera Roll and then make images appear, couldn't we? You would need a subscription, however. That's the downside,

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed. We've got some basic attachment options there, and we're exploring ways of making an attachments feature that's truly useful for everyone. Cheers! :)

• fernandosanchez
    fernandosanchez
    Community Member
    Options

Hello all.
    +1 to having the ability to attach items from 1Password for iOS. Maybe as a Pro-Featured or Subscription.

• Good morning @fernandosanchez. We have enabled this capability for 1Password.com accounts, you can try it out in the most recent beta today!

• fernandosanchez
    fernandosanchez
    Community Member
    Options

Good morning. Thanks MrRooni. I'll try it out.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Definitely check it out. I'm enjoying being able to add an image as a Document using my iPhone. Looking forward to seeing this expanded in the future! :)

• fernandosanchez
    fernandosanchez
    Community Member
    Options

Hello. Thanks. I sent an email to join the Beta tester program. Hope I can join it.

• Got it and replied @fernandosanchez !

• fernandosanchez
    fernandosanchez
    Community Member
    Options

Hello. Thanks for your help. I got the invitation. Been testing it and it works really great. If I find any bug I'll let you know.

Best regards.
    Fernando.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great! Thanks for participating in the beta! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.