None of this is directing me to my issue. My 1password isn't opening an keeps saying it doesnt exist

My 1password browser extension is not clickable at all. It is not opening and every time I uninstall and reinstall the extension it still does not work. Restarting my computer as well has not fixed the problem. It is asking to "do nothing" or "launch application." But it says to click "Do nothing" in the case of a crash on the computer and possibly ruining something on the system.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:extension-troubleshooting, kb:uninstall-extension, kb:extension-troubleshooting, kb:diagnostics

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @alesandra,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with 1Password. I'd like to ask you a few questions to get a better view of what's going on.

• Which browser are you using?
    • If you try installing the browser extension in other browsers, do you have the same problem?
    • For how long have you had this problem?
    • What version version of 1Password and OS are you using?

Along with that, I think it would be very helpful if you could send us a Diagnostics Report.

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• Hi @alesandra,

Can you open the main 1Password program and unlock without any issues? If yes, in the main 1Password program, go to the Help Menu > Restart 1Password Helper and then restart your browser, does clicking the 1Password icon in your browser work now?

You should press launch application if the dialog is for opening the onepassword4:// URL.

• alesandra
    alesandra
    Community Member

@MikeT thanks for your input! It fixed it completely.

• Hi @alesandra,

You're welcome, I'm glad it helped. Just in case, when you do have a free moment, try to reboot your computer and confirm it is still working.

We've had a few cases where 1Password Helper isn't auto-starting upon reboots, which would cause this Helper is not running error to pop up in the browser. That's why restarting it manually helps.

If it is still working fine after reboots, then you're all set to go.

This discussion has been closed.