I am using a Microsoft Surface, it uses Microsoft edge as its internet site, do you support this?

I downloaded the trial version to see if it works for us before purchasing, however, I am unable to set up my browser. When I go to file, preferences, browsers it is setup for Internet Explorer and I have enabled Internet explorer in program, however I don't seem to see any other indication that 1Password is running when I am online. Not sure what I am doing wrong or missing - sure hope you can help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I am using a Microsoft Surface, it uses Microsoft edge as its internet site, do you support this?

Comments

• Hi @cecile,

Thanks for writing in. My name is Alex and I'm going to help you.

First things first: 1Password does not currently work in the Microsoft Edge webbrowser. We're working on that for the next version.

As for the Internet Explorer: You say that the option is enabled in the 1Password preferences, right?
    But you can't see th 1Password icon in Internet Explorer? If that's the case, then please follow the steps outlined in the knowledge base article 'If you don’t see the 1Password button in your browser’s toolbar'.

Please let us know if this makes 1Password visible in Internet Explorer for you.

Cheers!

• cecile
    cecile
    Community Member

Hi Alex;
    I tried but I have found that the internet explorer that I am seeing in the settings is only to have favourites that you use in Internet Explorer added to the Microsoft Edge, so that doesn't help.

Guess I will have to uninstall for now and wait until you have the next version and hope that one works for me.

Thank you so much for you help though it is truly appreciated.
    Cecile

• Hi Cecile,

Wait! I think there's some kind of misunderstanding here.
    Internet Explorer is still installed on your system by default, so this should work.

Have you checked out the user guide article that I linked to?

This discussion has been closed.