I am able to sync with my IPhone 6 plus but can not sync with my IPad Air(late 2013-early2014)

Options
blively
blively
Community Member

I have my Imac set up to wifi sync and it works with my iphone plus but when I try to sync with my ipad I get the "computer not found"message.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: OS X 10.11.4/ IOS 9.3.1
Sync Type: wifi sync
Referrer: kb:wifi-troubleshooting, ug:mac/sync-wi-fi, ug:ios/sync-over-wifi, kb:sync-options, kb:wifi-troubleshooting

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@blively I'm sorry you're having troubles with Wi-Fi Sync. To address the problem, I want to ask a few questions:

1. Did Wi-Fi Sync ever work on your iPad (which means it's now failing) or have you been unable to set it up at all?
    2. Have you made sure all the devices are running on the same Wi-Fi network, with 1Password open on both your iMac and iPad?
    3. Did you follow the steps from this support article?

Depending on your answers, we should be able to get you up and running. If not, I'll ask you to send a Diagnostics Report from each of your devices. We'll go over how that's accomplished if we reach that point. Let's get you up and syncing! (Punny oxymoron intended.)

• blively
    blively
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the response. It has always worked fine before and the network seems to be OK. After I posted I messed around for a bit, restarting both computer and ipad and doing everything the support article suggested and eventually was able to get it to sync. I am not sure what did it but its working fine now.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@blively well I'm glad to hear that it's working again! If there are more problems in the future, please don't hesitate to let us know. :)

• susanmyers
    susanmyers
    Community Member
    Options

Similar issue I have. My iPhone works, my iPad I had to delete, then reinstall Ap, then it is asking me things I have no idea what they are: Team URL? And Account Key? The only thing I know is my email and my Master Password. Why would it ask me things I do not know. This is troubling since I could be anywhere and this happens and I have relied on this Ap for all these passwords and it fails? Very concerned with this. This, of all apps, must be trusted. Looking at all these issues people are having scares me to death!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @susanmyers,

I'm very sorry to hear about the troubles you've run into! First of all let me reassure you that you have nothing to be scared about. Your data is completely safe. You don't every have to worry about your data getting lost.

About the problem that you've found resetting 1Password, the URL and Account Key are only necessary if you have a 1Password Families or Teams account. If you don't have one of those accounts, then when you open the app you should click on "Use without an account". You'll then be prompted to set up Sync, and you can pick the method that you prefer! You can find the steps to do so here.

Please let us know how this works out for you and if you have any other questions! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.