Dropbox file stopped working...

Options
mercuriocs
mercuriocs
Community Member

Dropbox was working great for my phone and my work computer, however within the last week it stopped working properly. Tonight I came home and went into preferences and changed it to NONE, deleting the data in dropbox and then resynced it to dropbox, however, it's not working right. I used to have a 1password folder right in the main area of dropbox, but now it appears under apps, but it doesn't have the important keychain file. :( Please help.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.4
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mercuriocs,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

The first thing I would recommend is going through the troubleshooting steps in this article:

If you’re having trouble syncing with Dropbox

If you are still having trouble, can you let me know whether you have an iPhone or an Android phone?

• mercuriocs
    mercuriocs
    Community Member
    Options

So I continue to have trouble. I went to the link you sent and the problem is that there is no 1Password.agilekeychain file in my dropbox. I stop the sync and delete all the 1passowrd data in dropbox to try to resync it with the same results... no 1Password.agilekeychain file. When I initially set it up it was right there in the main folder of dropbox, now I have this. apps\1password\1password.opvault and that's all. I'm using android, but I think the trouble is with 1password not uploading the correct file. Thank you for your help.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mercuriocs,

I'm sorry to hear you're still having issues with 1Password. OPVault is the newer version data format, however it's not yet supported on Android yet. You need to follow the next steps on your Mac to change the format back to Agile Keychain:

1. Launch 1Password for Mac
    2. Under Help > Tools, uncheck Enable OPVault for Dropbox and Folder sync (this will let you create the .agilekeychain instead)
    3. Disable sync
    4. Set up sync, and an .agilekeychain will be created from the internal database in 1Password for Mac

Please let me know how this goes! :chuffed:

• mercuriocs
    mercuriocs
    Community Member
    Options

You have made my day!!!!! That was exactly my issue. Thanks for your help - both of you! Have a fabulous day! 8-)

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mercuriocs I'm so glad to hear that, and always here to help! Have an awesome day! :chuffed:

• mercuriocs
    mercuriocs
    Community Member
    Options

So, my phone is now working (mac computer / android phone), however I can no longer use the file in my dropbox to access my logins from my work computer (pc). Any thought on this?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mercuriocs,

As of a few days ago, 1Password Anywhere is not being supported anymore. That's why you can't use the file to access your data. You can read more about why this decision was taken here. I'm sorry for any inconveniences this change might cause you!

Please let us know if you have any other questions or there's anything else we can help you with! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.