vaults

Options
perrkat
perrkat
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

This has to be the most confusing program for passwords out there. I was told to make a new vault when I fist signed in. I have no need for a new vault, I really don't even want the shared one cluttering stuff up as I see no time ever someone should have access to my passwords. However I have searched and there does not seem to be a way to delete the extra vaults. Is there a way to do this? https://support.1password.com/guides/win/remove-vault.html this tells me to click the (...) beside the vault I want to delete but I don't see that there.

1Password Version: 1password Beta
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @perrkat,

Sorry for the confusion here.
    The guide article is slightly out of date.

To remove a vault, you click Settings > Accounts & Vaults, you then look for the vault in question, highlight it, and select 'Remove' in the context menu that appears.

Was there no option to open an existing vault when you first opened the app?

Thanks

• Quick follow-up: Are you using a 1Password vault that resides in Dropbox or are you using 1Password for Families?
    For the latter you can't delete the shared vault as it's a basic feature of the service but you definitely don't have to use it and if you only ever access the personal vault, it won't clutter up the application.

• perrkat
    perrkat
    Community Member
    Options

To be honest I don't know I haven't even got to the point of dropbox or families. I was just setting them up and then couldn't remove it so I tried on my phone I couldn't remove it there. So I got rid of the beta version that I was supposed to use those windows 10 and try the other version and now it looks totally different and I can't even figure out where to login. So I gave up for the night I'll look at it again when I get back to my computer. I was going to switch from RoboForm to 1password but I am not sure I am smart enough to set this up lol

• Do not doubt yourself, @perrkat!

Have you every used 1Password before? If you haven't you will need to decide between using the standalone apps available at https://agilebits.com/downloads or using 1Password for Families.
    The latter is a great service that will give you access to your logins and other sensitive data on all of your devices and on any operating sytem you use.
    If you're already on Windows 10 and using a Windows Phone, I would recommend you give 1Password for Families a try.
    We'll be standing by to answer any questions you might have.

• perrkat
    perrkat
    Community Member
    Options

I need to find a password program that allows me to access my passwords on my windows 10 PC, iPhone, iPad and android tablet. I thought I would use the ipassword because it was supposed to be easy LOL I don't know why I am having such a hard time with it.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @perrkat,

I do apologize for the confusion and I can see where it is coming from, 1Password is tough to figure out right now on Windows, it's not you at all. Right now, we're in the middle of a major transition where we're bringing a new service into our product lineup and that's 1Password Families which requires updating our apps and/or building new apps for Families, the later is the case for Windows.

Unfortunately, there is a huge pain point on Windows, where we have two separate programs and one of them is a beta app that's not meant to be used with people starting out with 1Password and its focus is also on 1Password Families. The stable program does not support Families, so there's no official program that supports Families right now on Windows. Due to this mix, it's difficult to figure out what to do. We're working as fast as we can to fix this soon and we'll be updating our docs to clarify this further.

The instructions you were trying out was for existing 1Password customers who want to switch from an existing local 1Password vault to 1Password Families or Teams, it wasn't meant for new 1Password users.

I would suggest sticking with the regular version of 1Password on Windows for now and we'd be happy to help you get syncing set up between your mobile devices and PC while giving you assistance on how to work with Logins. We do have a quick-start guide here: https://support.1password.com/guides/windows/quick-start.html that I'd suggest going through.

If you'd like, you can reach us at support+windows@agilebits.com for further assistance with this.

This discussion has been closed.