Master Password is not recognised

Options
Roentgen
Roentgen
Community Member
edited May 2016 in Mac

iMac 27 late sept 2012.

Hi
I am a long standing user and have never had any problems, using 1Password on my IMac, iPhone and iPad, all of which are synched by WiFi. I used 1Password on my iMac this morning and all was well. I locked it and upon next using it, the master password was not recognised. Nothing was new on the system, with no recent installations or software updates. I have followed the 1Password support instructions and tried to restore a backup, to no avail. Everything is fine on my iPhone and iPad.

I am backing up a lot of files. Can I: 1) go back in time with Time Machine? 2) Can I uninstall and download a fresh copy, install and do a wiFi synch? 3) You a 1 week old copy of Carbon Copy Cloner and do a full sys restore?

I will not do anything until I hear from you. I am not sure why this has happened and have certainly not changed the master password.

Please help as this has given me such a headache.

Kind regards

Martin Gould
Colchester UK

[License removed]

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:master-password-not-accepted

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Martin, (@Roentgen )

I'm sorry to hear about the problem you're having. As this forums are public, I removed your license from your post to protect your safety. If everything's fine in your other devices, the first thing that I'd recommend you to check before resetting 1Password is your computer's language settings. On a Mac it's quiet easy to change them without noticing!

If this doesn't work you can follow the steps here: https://support.1password.com/starting-over/mac.html to reset your 1Password. Your data will be safe. 1Password will import the previous data when you open it again.

Please let me know how this goes for you :chuffed:

• Roentgen
    Roentgen
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Pilar

Wow, many thanks for your prompt reply; I must assume that you are in Europe or a Canadian insomniac.

BINGO YOU SPOT ON!

The keyboard input source was set to US, rather than UK, but I do not understand how this has happened??

So it is a big thank you from a very happy UK user. My headache has now gone! Have just done a full system back up with Carbon Copy Cloner and Time Machine

With kind regards

Martin

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Roentgen,

I'm glad to hear that everything has gone back to normal for you! It's always refreshing when the easiest solution is the one that works ;)

I'm not sure about how the keyboard input source was changed, but trust me, you're not the only one it's happened to! By the way, your first assumption was correct, I'm in Europe!

We're here to help whenever you want us! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.