Previously Purchased 1Password

Options
winski58
winski58
Community Member

I purchased an older version of 1Password but was unable to access recently due to incorrect master password. So I downloaded the new free trial version yesterday and found it much easier to use. Is there any way I could get credit for the previous purchase towards the new version

(I also believe I found the old master password.)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I previously purchased an older version of 1Password and recently was unable to login due to master

Comments

• rudy
    Options

Hi @winski58,

I didn't find the email address you have associated with this forum account in the system.

Did you happen to purchase that previous version via the Mac App Store? There's a pretty good chance that its version 4 or 5, which cost nothing to install version 6.

Rudy

• winski58
    winski58
    Community Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

deleted

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @winski58,

I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with this! As Rudy suggested, if you purchased from the Mac App Store, we won’t have any licensing details in our system (Apple manages all purchases through the Mac App Store, and all licensing information is tied directly to the Apple ID that you used to make the original purchase.)

If you think that you made your original purchase from the AgileBits Store, please email in to support+licenses@agilebits.com with your full name and the email address that you used to purchase 1Password and we would be happy to track down your license details and let you know your options.

As far as accessing your data with your Master Password goes, we can certainly help you set up the new version of 1Password so that it points to your existing data, but we’ll need a bit more information before we can give you any specific instructions.

• What is the version number of 1Password that you have installed? (Please include all relevant computers and devices)
    • What is the version number of your operating system (for all computers and devices)?
    • What are you using to keep things in sync?

The more detail you can provide, the more quickly we'll be able to get you sorted out! :)

This discussion has been closed.