I've already paid for account, yet being locked out of account, saying "free trial has expired"!

Options
mattsfura
mattsfura
Community Member

the title says it all

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:already paid for , kb:faq, kb:teams-families-migrate, kb:faq, kb:teams-families-migrate

Comments

• mattsfura
    mattsfura
    Community Member
    Options

b

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mattsfura ,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with 1Password! Your forum title gives us a good place to start, but I’m going to need a bit more detail in order to help you get this sorted out.

• Did you purchase a license for 1Password through the AgileBits Store or from the Mac App Store?
    • Did you sign up to 1Password Families?
    • If you’re using a 1Password account, have you added this account to 1Password?
    • If you’re using a 1Password account, have you added your credit card or are you still in the free trial period for the account?
  • mattsfura
    mattsfura
    Community Member
    Options

agile bits store
    I don't know
    I paid when I signed up -
    I paid for it already - when I downloaded it

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @mattsfura,

Sorry that you are experiencing this issue. Licensing is a bit complicated. But we really need to know more about your situation so we can help you out. :chuffed:

If you purchased the license from the AgileBits webstore, than it must be that you have to apply the license file for your purchase. You can go to this web page and put in the email address associated with the license and it will email it you. The email will have simple instructions to install the license for 1Password.

Is it possible that your license is for 1Password 3? I wonder how long ago you might have purchased the license, and if you just upgraded from 1Password 3 to 1Password 4 ,5 or 6?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mattsfura ,

On a hunch, I searched the email address that you have in your forum profile. I was able to locate a license for 1Password 6 in our back office records. I’m re-sending the license details to that email address. The email you receive will include instructions on how to apply that license file to 1Password.

• evamccausland
    evamccausland
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I'm having the same problem and I have receipt in my inbox with license that says "paid in full." Please advise ASAP.

thank you.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @evamccausland,

If you already have an email from us in your inbox, it should include a download link to the license file and instructions how to license 1Password. However, just to be certain, I’ve located your license details in our back office records and I’m resending them to the email address in your forum profile. The email should get you all sorted out, but if you have any further questions, we’re here. :)

ref: 977411

• evamccausland
    evamccausland
    Community Member
    Options

Hi - I did download. I re-downloaded from the email with the license and replaced the old version and it still says expired.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hi @evamccausland,

Thanks for including the screenshot, and I'm sorry about the confusion. In the email we sent you, there are two links: one to download the 1Password app, and one to apply the license. The license is actually a file, rather than a text key, and clicking the link that says "Click here to Apply Your 1Password License" should open a page in your default browser which automatically downloads and applies your license to 1Password. This should take it out of trial mode and unlock the full-featured app. Additionally, your license file will be stored within 1Password in the Software Licenses category for future reference.

I hope this helps clarify the way 1Password licenses work. For further reference, we also have an article about the Trial Expired state, which may help.

• gkunz
    gkunz
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same trouble, when I requested my license the email I received does not have a "click here to apply" it only has instructions to Register: Select 1Password>License.....and paste the above information. Upon following these instructions there is no place to paste...only an Add license button - which opens a file search. There is no file....only a key in the text file sent me.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gkunz: Sorry of the confusion! It sounds like you're trying to use an old 1Password 3 license in a newer version. 1Password 4 and later are a paid upgrade from 1Password 3, and use a license file instead of a key. But you can use your existing license to get upgrade pricing through the AgileBits Store if you haven't already upgraded. And if you're having trouble finding your license information, just shoot us an email at support+licenses@agilebits.com and we'll see what we can do to help. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.