Programming language

Options
isha
isha
Community Member

hello,really liked your app..just curious to know,in which programming language it is developed for windows?developed in c#?is it universal app 8?or simple windows application?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:source language

Comments

• Hi @isha,

Thanks for your interest in our app and your praise.

The current desktop app, 1Password 4 for Windows, is written in Delphi, and a rather old version at that.
    The new, universal app that runs on Windows 10 and Windows Phone, is written in C#.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if we can do anything else for you.

Cheers

• justanotherokie
    justanotherokie
    Community Member
    Options

Delphi? Good Lord!!!

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @justanotherokie,

It's still a good compiled native language on Windows. The UI is the only issue as but things will change in the near future with the new version we're working on.

• justanotherokie
    justanotherokie
    Community Member
    Options

Well, no wonder the UI is second rate, and you ended up going to C# anyway. . Unless you used visual Basic. Don't tell me if you did.

Those shortcuts never pay off.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @justanotherokie,

No, it's pure Delphi with native Win32 UI components, nothing else. There's no shortcuts involved here.

• justanotherokie
    justanotherokie
    Community Member
    Options

No RAD product can give you all the benefit of Native C# &. Net. Winforms. Add Infragistics controls and you would give the user a great interface, not the clumsy mishmash it is now.

• Well, I think you're going to like the new app, then :chuffed:

• justanotherokie
    justanotherokie
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I am, I'm invested. As Richard Geere said in An Officer and a Gentleman, I got nowhere to go!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@justanotherokie glad to hear about your excitement! We all share it :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.