need help regarding migration and combining 1password databases

Options
lesliehaber
lesliehaber
Community Member

have two different databases we want to merge into Family account. Need assistance. Also confused by your directions for migration.

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: kb:teams-families-migrate

Comments

• lesliehaber
    lesliehaber
    Community Member
    Options

Your initial help website says "someone will get back to you, usually in a few minutes. " It has taken me over 15 minutes just to get to this point. I was HOPING for a HUMAN, as implied in your help website on families.CAN SOMEONE CALL ME????

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lesliehaber I'm happy to assist with migrating your information from different 1Password vaults into your 1Password Families account.

If you're using a Mac, you'll want to connect your 1Password Families account; open your existing vaults, select the items you want to move (you can select all of them with Command + "A"); hit Item > Share > the vault you want to move the data to (the defaults for 1Password Families are "Personal" and "Shared") > and either Copy or Move. I made a quick screen recording to show this process in action, in case that helps: YouTube link.

I hope that makes the process a little clearer :) If not, just let me know, and we'll get everything taken care of!

• lesliehaber
    lesliehaber
    Community Member
    Options

You lost me at "connect your 1Password Families account". There is no Share to the family account option on my current installation of 1Password on my mac. I can share by mail, message, airdrop or print. Also, I need help with the iphone installations and ipad installations. Your web instructions are NOT clear.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lesliehaber Ah, I understand. First things first: Have you already signed up for 1Password Families? I couldn't find an account linked to the email address you used to sign up for the forums. If not, you can sign up at 1Password.com. Once you've created an account there, you'll be able to log in to it via 1Password for Mac by hitting 1Password > Preferences > Accounts > "+" and then entering your account details. From there, you can follow the steps I outlined above to migrate your data.

• lesliehaber
    lesliehaber
    Community Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

1password>preferences> NO ACCOUNTS. I have general, security, teams, watchtower, all vaults, browser, sync, wi-fi server, backup, updates and advanced.

I have a family account, under [removed]. Used personal email for help because my medical office HIPAA locked email often doesn't play well with help.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lesliehaber understood. I removed the email address you used to create your 1Password account from that post to protect your privacy. Can you tell me what version of 1Password is running on your Mac? The newest release should include an option to add a 1Password Account.

• lesliehaber
    lesliehaber
    Community Member
    Options

6.1. I haven't upgraded because we were going to do this instead.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lesliehaber OK. You can update to the newest version of 1Password for Mac without having to pay anything. That's one of the benefits of signing up for 1Password Families! Do you mind updating to the newest version and then running through the steps I've outlined above? If the option still doesn't appear after you update to the newest version (1Password for Mac 6.2.1 for the stable builds) we'll have to see if there's some other problem making it so you can't add your 1Password account. Thanks for being so patient!

• lesliehaber
    lesliehaber
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, on 6.2.1. NO ACCOUNTS. Same options as before.

• lesliehaber
    lesliehaber
    Community Member
    Options

Are you ignoring me?

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lesliehaber no, I was asking our team what might cause the issue here. It seems like the problem is the labeling; the beta builds of 1Password for Mac use "Accounts" while the stable builds still use "Teams." So if you select Teams from the preferences page you should be able to go through the steps described above to migrate your data. This article has a good breakdown of how to add your account once you've opened the Teams tab in the preferences page.

• lesliehaber
    lesliehaber
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, I finally got my desktop on shared. How do I get my iphone on the same page?

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You'll need to do two things for that. The first is to hit Add Devices in 1Password for Mac, under the Teams page in preferences that you just used to connect 1Password for Mac with your 1Password account. That will display a QR Code.

Now with your iPhone, you should go to Settings > 1Password Accounts > Add Account > Scan QR Code then make sure everything lines up properly. You should be signed in. You'll receive an email letting you know that another device has been connected to your account. After that, everything should stay in sync automatically. Just remember that you want to change items in your "Personal" vault instead of your "Primary" vault going forward. Otherwise they'll end up out of sync.

This discussion has been closed.