Requests for expiration reminders, international icons and categories, filling Mac apps

Options
tg_user
tg_user
Community Member
edited May 2016 in Mac
  1. It would be great to have the ability to create reminders based on expiring items (passports, memberships, etc.) in 1Password. Even better if there was an option to place these reminders in my calendar.

2. I'm sure many users are not American and it would be nice to have an international version of the SIN icon.

3. There are categories of items that are important outside of the US that are not represented (e.g. many countries have other government issued ID's such as health insurance cards). It would be great to be able to create your own user based categories and specify some basic set-up for them. Alternatively, please consider some categories in use outside of the US and add them.

4. I regularly encounter the requirement to enter passwords to access non-web based applications directly on my Mac (e.g. Skype, protected drives, dropbox, boxcryptor, etc.). Although many of these apps allow automatic log-in, I prefer the extra security of manual log in. Currently I create a note for each app in 1Password and use copy & paste to fill the user/password. This works well but it would be nice if 1Password had the ability to autofill these.

Thanks!!

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6.90
OS Version: OSX 10.11.4
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tg_user,

Thank you very much for taking the time to send us your requests! It may not surprise you to hear that we occasionally receive similar suggestions from other customers as well. I can't make any promises about if/when we'll add those features, but I'd be happy to forward your request to our developers.

As far as categories go, if you have information that doesn't seem to fit into any existing category in 1Password, the Secure Notes category is a great option, and you can even add custom fields to organize your data the way you want. A post on our blog explains more about that: Secure all the things in Secure Notes

You also mentioned filling login credentials in other Mac apps (i.e. non-browser apps). Those apps don't have extensions like web browsers do, so 1Password can't integrate with them in the same way to fill your info for you. So you'll need to copy & paste to fill your username and password, but we make this easier with 1Password mini (the 1Password icon in your Mac's menubar). You can click the 1Password mini icon, find the login info you want, click on a username or password to copy it, then paste into the app.

To make it even easier, you can open mini with the ⌥⌘\ ( Option+Command+Backslash ) keyboard shortcut and use the arrow keys to navigate to the item. You can even highlight an item and click the anchor button (or use the ⌘O keyboard shortcut) to open a small window with that item's details, which makes it easier to copy & paste more than one field.

If you need anything else, be sure to let us know - we're always happy to help. :)

• tg_user
    tg_user
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Drew. I figured as much for point 4 but thought I would ask anyway. The custom fields in secure notes is great. I had not picked up that previously. Certainly the reminders feature would be a great value added option. Cheers. :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're very welcome! I'm glad my suggestions were helpful. If you need anything else, just let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.